[TC] need electro magnetic plasma cannons for vidar from anyplace other than nojump zone

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

firefly28
x3tc

need electro magnetic plasma cannons for vidar from anyplace other than nojump zone

Post by firefly28 » Mon, 13. Apr 09, 23:12

Hi I think the place which has mars, jupiter etc is terran? Anyway I cant jump there and have just spent hours checking the place out only to find that I dont have the rep, thats fine :) but I know I got empcs from another place I had rep but I cant fo the life of me find that place and I have checked easily 3/4 of the map I have discovered and its kinda hard to be sure I checked it all

I just want to kit out my vidar fully with empcs as I can do a few 2mil+ missions I reckon with that as a support vessel but I need another 7 empcs

Thanks again all!

Actually Im just going to make do as I found 3 empcs in various ships freight bays.

I have one final question as I dont want to keep starting threads and that is what skills do you recommend I train my marines in for boarding? I am not really sure how each skill relates "in game terms"
"Freedom is a rich mans dish, a poor mans illusion" :: Firefly28
Cool browser game: http://firefly28.mybrute.com

Gothsheep
x3tc

Post by Gothsheep » Tue, 14. Apr 09, 00:04

Erm, I don't think there's anywhere that sells EMP except for Terran stations.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Tue, 14. Apr 09, 00:23

Indeed. There's no such place.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Tue, 14. Apr 09, 22:07

Sold only in terran space, raise your rep by taking "defend the station" mission in Heretic End, all kills raise argon (they own the station) and terran (they own the sector) reputation so you can buy EMPC.

the skills your marines have are 4:

Fighting --- more easy to survive boarding attempts (not trainable at outposts, you must train it by boarding weak ships like TM or TL)

Mecanical --- more easy to "gain entrance" trough thicker hulls (i.e. bigger ships)

Engineering --- less damage dealt by marinez to your prey during boarding

Hacking --- more easy to hack bigger computers (i.e. bigger ships)

to cap random M6 I used five marines that had 3 star in each skill and it worked

beware of ships that mount:

hull polarizer --- more difficult to "gain entrance"
advanced firewall --- more difficult to hack it
internal defenses (don't recall english name for them) --- more marines killed

other marinez --- depending on their skills they raise your chance of casualties/failed boarding
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”