[TC] Making Duke's HQ neutral by blasting it and waiting for GOD to respawn it?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

delray
x3tc

Making Duke's HQ neutral by blasting it and waiting for GOD to respawn it?

Post by delray » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 03:56

This is how it was done previously, you blasted the thing out of the sky and waited till GOD respawns a new neutral one.

Can anyone confirm this still works in 2.0? Cause I need a Medusa but Duke's are all red because of all those OTAS missions I did already.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 07:52

You have to also befriend the pirates before Duke Heaven respawn, or it will respawn red like before.

[EDIT] I don't think this has changed in 2.0, though, have not tested that in v2.0.

Nelween
x4

Post by Nelween » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 10:19

How can you befriend the pirates? You can gain faction standing with them?

sazanami
x3tc

Post by sazanami » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 11:30

Do missions offered by pirates. They're the ones wearing eyepatches, or wearing other pirate related accessories. Check your com window to make sure you're dealing with a real pirate, not everyone on pirate bases is a pirate (not everyone on normal race stations is a civillian, for that matter).

You just need a few missions, harder the better, to bring up some decent rep, is what I've found.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 14:14

It's easiest to keep building them stations in one of Pirate or Unknown sectors. Like the one east of PTNI which should have two Pirate Bases initially.

Nelween
x4

Post by Nelween » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 14:42

I've never seen any pirate ship or pirate station offering missions.
But I guess I wasn't really looking for it before.

I will try to find some!

Thanks for the tips! :)

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 14:49

Back on topic, can anyone confirm blasting Duke's HQ from the sky makes it neutral after it respawns?

jonnissen
x3tc

Post by jonnissen » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 23:21

it respawned red for me. i've heard that killing yaki(lots of them) will improve your rep with other pirate clans, though...

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 01:03

Back on topic, can anyone confirm blasting Duke's HQ from the sky makes it neutral after it respawns?
As said previously it will respawn blue only if your pirate rep is high enough and a sure way to tell is when you goto the dukes sector and his defence fleet shows friendly to you then distroy the base and it will respawn blue.

Actually I did this and his defence fleet just ignored me even after I'd blown up the base.

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 01:34

Well... blowing up Duke's will cost you a bit over 2,000 Pirate Points, so if your rep was already borderline and this action pushes it over the edge, then you'll just get another Red one.

If you wait long enough, the Paranid are quite likely to blow it up for you. This has happened twice already in my game that I started fresh for 2.0.

One more thing, blowing up Yaki will NOT help with your Pirate rep. Not unless you do it in Pirate space. And you probably won't find Yaki in sufficient numbers, in Pirate space, to make a big difference.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 01:35

How can I see what my rep with Pirates is?

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 01:43

delray wrote:How can I see what my rep with Pirates is?
You need to enable the script editor. Simplest way (after turning on the editor) is to enable Script Debugging: Additional Information. Then whenever you pull up the info screen for an object, it'll tell you what your current rep is with that object, among other things. Pull up the info screen for a Pirate owned object and see what the number next to your pilot name is.

The hostile/neutral threshhold is -10000 IIRC.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 02:23

Bye bye my unmodified tag. :-(

I'm -10590, how bad is that?

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 02:37

-10590 puts you just inside second rank from bottom (if that were your Argon rep, you'd be Confirmed Enemy 97%).

You've got some rep-fixing work to do.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 08:41

delray wrote:Bye bye my unmodified tag. :-(

I'm -10590, how bad is that?
You could just activate it to check your rank, then reload a saved game from earlier--the script editor activation state is saved with the game.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 12:06

Actually my game made that call for me. It CTD-ed soon after I checked my rank faster than I could save with modified tag.

Anyway, two ranks down isn't that bad. A few missions to scan for legal and valuable goods (I really enjoy those, I hope they work hard to bring more great stuff like that to Mission Director) and we should be friends again. Seriously, befriending Pirates seems extremely reasonable in this game cause after Final Fury which limits Khaak invasions... my freighters will be completely safe if Pirates don't bother them.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. :-)

WarriorGuild
x3tc

Post by WarriorGuild » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 15:01

@ delray

Just shot up the dukes hq - it hasn't respawned yet but after a few pirate build and delivery missions I found that the dukes ships in his sector are now blue. Expect the new hq will follow suit when it respawns? I'll confirm when I know but at a guess I don't think this has changed with 2.0

Edit: I can confirm that after 2.0 - destroying the duke hq and being really , really nice to the pirates will cause the new hq to spawn friendly :)
Last edited by WarriorGuild on Tue, 21. Apr 09, 08:39, edited 1 time in total.

gandy|UKCS|
x3tc

Post by gandy|UKCS| » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 15:45

Ive done a fresh game start ( Terran Defender ) and the dukes ships are blue to me but the Boron have destroyed the HQ so ive left an advanced satellite in there in the hope it spawns soon for the one bit of software i want to buy.

On an even better note i shoot one Khaak ship in Weavers Tempest and i can now dock at all yaki docks ( including the new shipyard )
Gaming PC
Mobo - Asus P8Z77-V - CPU - i5 3570K @ 4.2ghz
HSF - Corsair H100 - GFX - GTX-470
Memory - 8gig Corsair Vengence Black DDR3 @ 1600mhz
Monitor - BenQ 2400HD 24"
Case - CM Storm Stryker

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 15:49

gandy|UKCS| wrote: ive left an advanced satellite in there in the hope it spawns soon for the one bit of software i want to buy.
Duke HQ can spawn very far from the center of the sector, so it's probable that your satellite won't catch it.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 16:01

Yeah, mine isn't there either. I did lots of scanning of freighters for Pirates and even built them a PAC forge (which turned hostile to me after I deployed it).

Pirate stations accept me again (it says we have "0" points of relations, each M5 lowers it by around 50). But their ships still sometimes have me set as hostile. I'll work on it some more and see if I can make them all friendly. :-)

I guess after that Duke's won't have another choice but hiring me.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”