Earth Sectors in Free Mode

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Psiko3

Earth Sectors in Free Mode

Post by Psiko3 » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 09:23

So I visited Circle of Labor in my Free mode game on X3:TC and was looking for the gate to the earth sectors but I couldn't find it. Now I've come to the conclusion on my own that I probably should have done some of the campaigns first but I just dove into the sandbox mode. :| I was hoping some of you could clarify what I have to do or what campaign I must beat to get access to the Terran sectors? Any other ways to gain access? NOTE: I'm already playing modified so not a big deal to slam another script if thats what it takes.. Also will this gate become available to my previous game on a different save I have or will I have to start from scratch in my sandbox AGAIN just to get access to it? :cry: I truly hope its retrofits the previous games as well..

Sorry if this has been asked but as usual, I used the search tool for a couple hours and all I got was Accessing the Earth Torus station...

Let me know guys! I'm sure you guys will be as helpful as always! :D

BeidAmmikon
x3tc

Post by BeidAmmikon » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 10:29

Circle of Labour has a gate to Heretic's End, and that one in turn has one to the Asteroid Belt and so on... There's no direct gate entry from CoL to any Earth sector beside HE. Aside from this, Earth sectors are available as soon as you discover them, only beware of the aggresivity levels of the Terrans there after entering them 8)
Spoiler
Show
The Terran plot gets you indeed to the Torus, but you could try it yourself.

Apollo303
x3tc

Post by Apollo303 » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 14:24

Firstly may i just say that the whole X3: TC game is a sandbox style game :P

Now for your problem......

Earth Torus can be reached in two ways, 1) through the completion of the Terran campaign. And 2) through the use of a mod manager and cheats, thats if you don`t mind modding your game !!

Becarefull when entering Earth Torus.....
Spoiler
Show
When entering this sector, you have to manually dock with the Torus otherwise they get arsey and blow you up !! DONT use the auto dock !!
The custom game start disables the Terran plot, Final Fury missions, HUB plot (so no PHQ) and the Goner missions, however you can still run the missions with the various HQ`s spread around the X-universe.
Who am i ? I am but the sum of my experiences....
And today i am more than i was yesterday and less than i will be tomorrow.

Imagination is a part of Reality we all agree on !!

Psiko3

Post by Psiko3 » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 06:51

Thanks alot guys, I guess I need to beat those campaigns then.

Saracen

Post by Saracen » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 15:13

All you need to do is a few station missions in Heretics End. That will raise your Terran rep from Citizen to Local Councilor, which will in turn raise your ATF rep to Asteroid Belt Access. It's the ATF rank which governs where you're allowed in Terran Space. Make sure it's a Terran that's giving you the missions. Obviously, if you see a mission at the wheat farm, but it's a Boron giving it, then you'll get Boron rep for completing it instead.

Once you've gained access to the Asteroid Belt, you're up and running. You'll be allowed to the outer solar system from here, but to get nearer to Earth, you'll need to get your ATF rep higher. I think Terran Planetary Senator got me to ATF Earth Access.

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 15:46

Mmmm, you got ATF Earth access without doing the Terran plot??? I've to see anyone else confirming this to believe.

EDIT: Actually, I'll try myself, I haven't finished the terran plot in my current game.

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 16:20

Mmmm, you got ATF Earth access without doing the Terran plot??? I've to see anyone else confirming this to believe.
Different circumstances to the original poster, but if you play the 'USC commander' game start, that comes with Earth access already enabled. No need to do the plot to get access to Earth on that start.
mrbadger wrote:Anyway, it's Star Wars, this is important....

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 17:39

Yes, but that's not what Saracen said

Apollo303
x3tc

Post by Apollo303 » Sun, 7. Jun 09, 15:46

If you run enough missions for the Terran then you can go to Earth without actually doing any of the Terran plot as you will have built up enough rep to enter Earth without being destroyed !!

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sun, 7. Jun 09, 16:02

Apollo303 wrote:If you run enough missions for the Terran then you can go to Earth without actually doing any of the Terran plot as you will have built up enough rep to enter Earth without being destroyed !!
Only if you're running a start which doesn't actually have the Terran plot enabled, as far as I know.

Apollo303
x3tc

Post by Apollo303 » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 13:00

It does`nt matter, i started a game useing the "Terran Defender" game start and just disabled the Terran mission and went on to eventually gain access through to Earth without ever doing any of the Terran story missions. I then went on to doing it with the "Bankrupt Assassin" game start, but that was only because i wanted to see if i could take out the Earth defence system...... what a mistake that was :lol:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”