Beluga Missiles

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bishop149
x3

Beluga Missiles

Post by Bishop149 » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 11:20

I don't suppose there's a fab is there? I've had a good look round and can't find one. I'd love to mass produce these, they're like a thunderbolt on acid, new favorite missile.

How come there's never a fab for the really good missiles eh? Glad to see they've added a Hurricane fab though. . . . my previous favorite missile. . .
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 11:36

No beluga missiles factories unfortunately.

Other missile factories I miss:

- Hammerhead
- Disruptor
- Rapier
- Hurricane
- Tornado (for this you can build, but no NPCs)

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 12:00

There is a Hurricane fab you can buy now, and I got a build mission to place one, jumped at it! I keep it fully stocked on resources. . . . love Hurricanes!
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

JoeVN09
x4

Post by JoeVN09 » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 12:07

They're groovy missiles; I've just been calculating how to make a self-sufficient missile complex somewhere and I'm trying to think of what to start off with, whether it's a certain type of missile or a mix...since all missile production cycles seem to consume the same amount of resource (conveniently :P ).
~ Experienced X3 veteran. Dangerously incompetent X4 novice. ~

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 12:12

Yeah, Hurricanes are hot stuff indeed, extremely fast and with proximity detonation. I didn't know you can produce them now, I have to add a fab in Herron's. :-)

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 12:21

JoeVN09 wrote:They're groovy missiles; I've just been calculating how to make a self-sufficient missile complex somewhere and I'm trying to think of what to start off with, whether it's a certain type of missile or a mix...since all missile production cycles seem to consume the same amount of resource (conveniently :P ).
I always go with 4 basic missiles to build yourself:

M3 killer: Typhoon - overkill, will toast almost any M3, rear turret or not! Also useful against larger targets

M3 killer: Thunderbolts - will kill anything with 55MJ of shielding or less, bigger target will require a couple. . .

M4 killer: Silkworms, tempests also work well and will take out light M3's too.

M5's: Hurricanes all the way. . . . fantastic if you spam them they work well against M4's to.

Might add Firestorms to the list they seem much more useful in X3:TC than they used to be,

Wasps are very useful too as an M5 killer or distraction chaff.

JoeVN09
x4

Post by JoeVN09 » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 13:07

Good one Bishop, thanks :)
Might start with thunderbolts as they're kinda in my price range.

hybr1d86
x4

Post by hybr1d86 » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 13:27

I love the Banshee missile too, although it is short range; only 15 km.

I usually fire it from 10km followed up by some wasps to distract the turrets. While i Strafe away to draw incoming fire towards me.

Btw, is there a Banshee missile fab?

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 13:30

hybr1d86 wrote:Btw, is there a Banshee missile fab?
No, but they drop like flies from pirates and Xenons (like Wildfires), so I'm always full of them

JoeVN09
x4

Post by JoeVN09 » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 13:35

I'd love to use Banshees on M6s as that does enough damage to decimate them if the shields are low, but they're too slow for my liking and more often than not end up getting shot down... too close to me :evil:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”