[SCR] [07.02.11] Trade Overview 2.05 by ScRaT

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mrowka
x4

Post by mrowka » Fri, 30. Nov 12, 00:37

Is ther a possibility to add a ship ware and current destination to the ship list, the one where i can see a profit and profit/sazura ?

HoPLoN

Post by HoPLoN » Mon, 11. Feb 13, 14:57

And an option to reset all wares or all ships ?
Its very time consuming to remove them manually , especially wares or when trade fleet is too big .
Nice script though , very handy 8)
Go tell the Spartans , stranger passing by , that here ,obedient to Spartan Law, we lie .

Zalioth
x4

Post by Zalioth » Mon, 11. Feb 13, 19:04

I can't see the command to open the Trade Overview. I'm running X3AP with MK3 Improvement Reloaded (which says it officially supports this mod).

Is there anyway to see whether the mod is properly installed? I've sought for the command all over the Ctrl+C Command interface...

Thank you very much in advance for any help provided.

Aegyen wrote:There isn't a command for it, in the commands section. You will find an entry in your controls->Interface settings to assign a hotkey to it. That will open TO for you, and the rest is on that menu.
Nevermind... Found it :D.

Please add this piece of information I quoted on the first post, or make it more obvious if it's already there! Sorry for the post, and thanks a lot for such a great script!
Last edited by Zalioth on Mon, 11. Feb 13, 19:16, edited 1 time in total.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 11. Feb 13, 19:12

According to the OP the script registers a hotkey, which is used to open the trade overview.
ScRaT_GER wrote:The script will install one hotkey. This hotkeys ('Open trade overview') can be assigned under 'controls'.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Zalioth
x4

Post by Zalioth » Mon, 11. Feb 13, 19:17

X2-Illuminatus wrote:According to the OP the script registers a hotkey, which is used to open the trade overview.
ScRaT_GER wrote:The script will install one hotkey. This hotkeys ('Open trade overview') can be assigned under 'controls'.
I guess I'm officially blind if it was in the original post...
Thanks for pointing it out! ^^

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Mon, 11. Feb 13, 19:49

btw, as I posted in the german thread of this script, I wrote a quick hotfix for it.
trov miscalculates costs for tunings and cargo extensions. This is, what the fix looks like:

Code: Select all

* -------------------------------------------------------
* Preparation

skip if $object
  return null

* Gnasirator
* Fix tuning prices

if $ware == {Laderaumerweiterung} OR $ware == {Ruder-Optimierung} OR $ware == {Triebwerkstuning}

* reproduce true total costs of trade
  $amount = -$amount
  = $object->add $amount units of $ware
  $amount = -$amount
  $price = $object->get upgrade price: cargo-speed-rot $ware units:$amount
  = $object->add $amount units of $ware

* math.round :)
  $price.mod = $price MOD $amount
  $price = $price / $amount
  do if $price.mod >= $price
    inc $price =
end

* Load necessary variables
The wares are their german names. If you use exscriptor, replace them with your language.

You can download the updated file here.
Last edited by gnasirator on Tue, 12. Feb 13, 08:51, edited 1 time in total.

HoPLoN

Post by HoPLoN » Mon, 11. Feb 13, 23:15

gnasirator wrote:The wares are their german names. If you use exscriptor, replace them with your language.
Thanx a lot buddy :)

I updated ware names to english manually with a simple xml notepad , cause I aint no scripter ^_^

Values are (in order of appearing ):

Laderaumerweiterung = Cargo bay Extension
Ruder-Optimierung = Rudder Optimisation
Triebwerkstuning = Engine Tuning

Thnx again ;)
Go tell the Spartans , stranger passing by , that here ,obedient to Spartan Law, we lie .

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Tue, 12. Feb 13, 08:53

okay, else I suggest using the download file. that works regardless of languages :)

ScRaT_GER
x3tc

Post by ScRaT_GER » Wed, 13. Feb 13, 13:11

I updated download link in the first post to point to gnasirator's new version: http://code.google.com/p/x3tcscripts/do ... -2.053.zip

Thanks! Of course contributions are always welcome. Even more so, since I don't have time to work on this script atm.

Nekomata

Some improvement...

Post by Nekomata » Mon, 18. Feb 13, 21:55

Made some search menu to replace string search. Reason: ship types on English and object names on some other language make string search half functionality (due to the impossibility in game language switching)
Here it all: Click

Modified relative to the original:
Small modification in plugin.trov.addremove.xml and language files
Added extra xml, who do all job
Added Russian translation

Known bugs:
Point search sometimes fail, but it happens also in original (menu returns obj name, so it's like you enter it manual)
Extra lines in language files fully translate to Eng and Rus, need completion for 33 and 49

mjl1966

Thank you!

Post by mjl1966 » Fri, 12. Apr 13, 04:36

Another one of those fantabulous "where have you been all my life?" scripts.

I would like to make a modest request - and this is really to all devs. Could we please stop using .RAR compression? Just a few years ago, getting the winrar utility was fairly straightforward. These days, it's virtually impossible to get without either being slammed with a spamware installation or you have to go through trialpay. Frankly, for the few .rar files I come across once in a while, it's just not worth it. The hassle factor now far exceeds its usefulness to me as an end user.

.zip is native to Windows and .spk is just fantabulous. It would be great if you guys would use either of those. For the end user, these are both easy to get and hassle free.

Not your fault. rarlabs blew it.

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Fri, 12. Apr 13, 16:43

http://www.7-zip.org/

Open source unpacker that handles almost anything.

nospammdi
x3ap

Trade Overview and transactions between your own ships and own stations

Post by nospammdi » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 04:57

Hi ScRaT!
first let me thank you for this wonderful script, this is my most used script for X3AP, I have no idea how Egosoft envisioned us monitoring trader profitability without your script!

I'm wondering if I could run a little enhancement suggestion past you: You seem to have disabled recording of transactions between own freighters and own stations, as you noted here http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0 in your post from 20th Mar 2009. In your introduction to this script you wrote that all transactions of freighters who have your station as home base will be recorded against that station, but for some reason that does not seem to work for me, my station always shows 0 revenue/profit in Trade Overview.

Here is what I am doing: I have an Ore Mine in Cloudbase South West, only one, so it does not pay to assign a CAG to this Ore Mine. I am also having a Mercury XL buying and selling Ore between Ore Belt and Paranid space via CLS Mk2 (from the X3AP Bonus Pack). I am also letting this Mercury sell energy cells to my ore mine and buy ore from my mine to sell together with the ore bought from other mines.

What I notice is that the Trade Overview script does not record the selling of energy cells from my Mercury to my Ore Mine, and it does also not record the buying of Ore from the ore mine by the CLS freighter. As a result all the profit from selling ore from my Ore Mine is being recorded against the Mercury freighter when it sells the Ore to another factory and my Ore Mine shows zero expenses/revenue/profit.

I think what would be more accurate, and closer to how internal transactions like these are being recorded by financial controlling processes in 'real life', is recording each transaction as expense/revenue with each business object:

For example
(1) The CLS Mercury buys $1,000 worth of Energy Cells
--> recorded as $1,000 expenses with the Mercury
(2) The CLS Mercury sells $1,200 worth of Energy Cells to my Ore Mine
--> recorded as $1,200 revenue for the CLS Mercury and
--> recorded as $1,200 expenses for the Ore Mine
(3) the CLS buys $3,000 worth of Ore from the Ore Mine
--> recorded as $3,000 revenue for the Ore Mine
--> recorded as $3,000 expenses for the CLS Mercury
(4) the CLS sells this Ore for $4,000 to another non-player factory
--> recorded as $4,000 revenue for the CLS Mercury

as a result the Ore Mine would show
$1,800 profit (-$1,200 from energy cells + $3,000 from ore)
and the CLS Mercury would show
$1,200 profit (-$1,000 from energy cells + $1,200 from energy cells - $3,000 from ore + $4,000 from ore)

This way Trade Overview would show you how profitable your station really is. Currently Trade Overview records above transactions as a profit of $3,000 for the CLS as internal transactions are not recorded.

Wondering if you would find it interesting to adjust Trade Overview to also show internal transactions? :)

cheers!
Marcus

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Fri, 28. Feb 14, 09:32

Hello, I have a couple of questions about this script.

1. It appears to track and save every single transaction my traders make. Over time, will this not fill up my RAM? Only 4 gb available for 32bit executable.

2. Uninstall directions in the OP say to choose the "Reset" option in the "Main Menu." The only menu I see is the Trade Overview, and there is no "Reset" option there, or any of its submenus (that I can see).

I'm cautiously playing around with this tool because it looks neat, but I'm a bit wary for the reasons listed above. Anyone with info please feel free to enlighten me. :)

Thanks.

Barleyman
x3

Post by Barleyman » Fri, 28. Feb 14, 09:44

builder680 wrote:Hello, I have a couple of questions about this script.

1. It appears to track and save every single transaction my traders make. Over time, will this not fill up my RAM? Only 4 gb available for 32bit executable.
Do you realize how much 4GB is? Assuming the transactions are stored as text, it'll fit ginormous amount of transaction data. To give you an idea, a 27 page word document I had open has about 22 KILObytes worth of text. Even if data is stored in 32bit format, it'd still be <100kB.

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Fri, 28. Feb 14, 09:49

I'll take that as a "yes." Thanks, Barleyman.

Game already uses close to 3gb as it is, so it is conceivable that a save game with several dozen Universe Traders (which I'll eventually have) will fill it. It might take months, but I'd rather just skip it.

Barleyman
x3

Post by Barleyman » Fri, 28. Feb 14, 09:55

If we knew how much data is used for each entry, we could factor in how many thousands of trades are required to consume 1MB.

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Fri, 28. Feb 14, 09:58

Well I just double checked and game is using about 1.5 gb right now. Still, the point is the same. I see that each ware can be reset (and I presume its data erased) individually, but I don't see a way to do them all at once.

century

Post by century » Wed, 14. May 14, 01:00

nice one,

just one thing , if one of your TS is killed or destroyed , it still aappears in the "trade overview" and it won't be removed

any clue ?

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Wed, 14. May 14, 08:19

century wrote:n...if one of your TS is killed or destroyed , it still aappears in the "trade overview" and it won't be removed
any clue ?
I think it is the same issue when you rename some ship listed, it stays listed with the old name.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”