Does TC Support M0 class ships??

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Simon Prater
x4

Does TC Support M0 class ships??

Post by Simon Prater » Fri, 17. Apr 09, 18:43

I know i should read all the treads in the search but it hurting my eyes.

Ask the topic says. Are M0 Battleships supported in TC?

I added the executor as an M0 into the tships. with all the rest of the stuff. When i tried to add it to the game nada.

Changed it back to M1 or M2 it goes in fine.

Any help???

Street21309
x3tc

Post by Street21309 » Fri, 17. Apr 09, 21:16

Near as I can tell you can classify it as an M0 description wise but ingame it has to be classified as M1 or M2 as far as the actual TShip file and everything goes.
Freespace X3TC Mini-Mod
[ external image ]

JumperBR
x2

Post by JumperBR » Fri, 17. Apr 09, 21:26

The game actually classifies motherships as M1, examples are the #deca, Terran Valhalla and the Goner Aran.
I dont see a problem classifying the Executor as a M1.
Mai ingrish iz gud?

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Fri, 17. Apr 09, 21:28

It would of been nice for ego to add the ability to include M0's.
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

Bertone
x3

Post by Bertone » Fri, 17. Apr 09, 21:31

In my experience, you can add a ship as an M0 in the Jobs file, and it shows up in game.

If you create it using a script it doesn't appear, and same thing if you add it to be acquired at a shipyard.
In the second case you can buy it, you pay and the ship doesn't show up. This is probably because for hard-coded reasons: an M0 can't dock at any station, so it cannot appear docked at a SY when you buy it.

:)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 17. Apr 09, 21:52

007bradz wrote:It would of been nice for ego to add the ability to include M0's.
Please not that discussion. Not here. Keep this one on the "what is technically possible" topic. One can always dig from the X-Universe Forum any of the numerous "M0" discussions to find pros, cons, and rationales.

Predator02
x4

Post by Predator02 » Sat, 18. Apr 09, 10:44

Sorry, you can't blow up planets via ship. That is what M0's are officialy. Everything else fits into the already defined classes.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 18. Apr 09, 12:43

TC now has a script instruction to return the planet array of a sector so you can easily target planets.

Alas planets don't have any explosion animations so the M0 wouldn't look very cool in actual operation.
The planets just pop out of existance.

Maybe one can jury rig something with destroying multiple capital ships at / around that planet to create "surface explosions" - ideally enough to cover up the planet simply being switched off.

Another issue would be that planets have no purpose whatsoever in TC.
Even if you could destroy them - why and what for?
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Sat, 18. Apr 09, 12:52

Gazz wrote:
Another issue would be that planets have no purpose whatsoever in TC.
Even if you could destroy them - why and what for?
I had a few ideas while back ago but there were to complicated and not well accepted :cry:
Here are the links:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 18. Apr 09, 13:10

Idea wrote:I had a few ideas while back ago but there were to complicated and not well accepted :cry:
You would see far more acceptance if you created such a mod.
Show them that it's fun, works in gane, and makes sense.

An idea alone achieves nothing. That you can imagine it is only the first step. Just the tip of the iceberg.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sat, 18. Apr 09, 13:19

I cant see how hard it can be to make destructable planets. Dyson Sphere with planet textures. Suppose the main issue is the lag it may cause.

As for the invasion idea, cant really see it working to any beneficial fun. If you control the space zone of a planet you pretty much control the planet anyhow. From what I see in TC I do not think their ships would work under the atmosphere especially with the gravity of Earth. Only the big ships I should imagine would have enough propulsion.

semiliterate

Post by semiliterate » Sat, 18. Apr 09, 13:30

Lord_Dakier wrote: From what I see in TC I do not think their ships would work under the atmosphere especially with the gravity of Earth.
they warp time and space with their mastery of black holes inside spaceships, i doubt the gravity of earth would be much of an issue.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sat, 18. Apr 09, 13:42

Its optimistic however you see it. Personally I do not think the same thrust would work in space and it is why (Correct Me If Im Wrong) You only see larger ships enter and exit the atmosphere... with the exception of Boron, I think you see one there can't remember.

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Sat, 18. Apr 09, 14:26

Gazz wrote:
You would see far more acceptance if you created such a mod.
Show them that it's fun, works in gane, and makes sense.

An idea alone achieves nothing. That you can imagine it is only the first step. Just the tip of the iceberg.
You are right about that, but when I wrote the idea my knowledge about moding was very poor.Now when I do know something I see that these ideas require more scripting than moding in which I suck :(

Lord_Dakier wrote:
I cant see how hard it can be to make destructable planets. Dyson Sphere with planet textures. Suppose the main issue is the lag it may cause.

As for the invasion idea, cant really see it working to any beneficial fun. If you control the space zone of a planet you pretty much control the planet anyhow. From what I see in TC I do not think their ships would work under the atmosphere especially with the gravity of Earth. Only the big ships I should imagine would have enough propulsion.
You should observe the planet like a fortress or city.You can control the space around them but not the city(fortress) itself.You can see that in ancient, mediveal and modern times.
ts optimistic however you see it. Personally I do not think the same thrust would work in space and it is why (Correct Me If Im Wrong) You only see larger ships enter and exit the atmosphere... with the exception of Boron, I think you see one there can't remember.
In X2 The Threat there was scenes where small ships enter the planet and fight,same in the X3 Reunion so no problem with that :P

spacefueladdict
x3tc

Post by spacefueladdict » Sat, 18. Apr 09, 14:33

Why not have the The M0's as a kind of flagship carrier, which carries between 60-100 fighters, Has between 8-12 guns per turret, mostly as anti-fighter, broadsides could be anti capship. slow speed, 75% of race destroyer. 10-16 Gj of shielding, docking points for re-supply frieghters and M6's.

Personally i'd like to see something like the Paranid Olympos (XTM)back, also i think the split would have to have theirs as a dreadnought battleship, like in the description for 'Patriarchs Retreat'.

Edit: M0's should also have 'Special' features which are race specific, like ECM, Missle Supression, Marine Beaming, Ship Repair & such....

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Sat, 18. Apr 09, 15:22

Just need to ensure that these "death stars" have jump capability built in or sensibly remembering that they need to go on a diet to get through the gates. :wink:

You also have to consider if they will be capable of docking anywhere or if they will be totally reliant on other ships for supplies/equipment etc. Though you'd have to still be carefull about how you get hold of them in the first place so they dont destroy the shipyard you bought them from on depature. So do they get built in space to order?

My other consideration is with raising the bar overall, will this potentially destabalise the game in any of its facets? Its all very well saying that you can give opposing sides the same weapon. But theres a big difference between supplying "knifes" and "tactical nuclear missiles". (Sorry for using extremes, there to aid illustration). :wink:

spacefueladdict
x3tc

Post by spacefueladdict » Sat, 18. Apr 09, 15:41

pelador wrote:Just need to ensure that these "death stars" have jump capability built in or sensibly remembering that they need to go on a diet to get through the gates. :wink:

You also have to consider if they will be capable of docking anywhere or if they will be totally reliant on other ships for supplies/equipment etc. Though you'd have to still be carefull about how you get hold of them in the first place so they dont destroy the shipyard you bought them from on depature. So do they get built in space to order?

My other consideration is with raising the bar overall, will this potentially destabalise the game in any of its facets? Its all very well saying that you can give opposing sides the same weapon. But theres a big difference between supplying "knifes" and "tactical nuclear missiles". (Sorry for using extremes, there to aid illustration). :wink:
I would agree with you, on virtually all of your points, I liked the idea in Xtm where there were missions that needed to be completed to get the leviathan, in Tc they would need to be really challanging,. :twisted:

As for balancing, M0's should only be a max of 33% stronger (shield & Hulls) than a destroyer. turrets split into Anti fighter/capship turrets (turrets mount small range of weapons, not all turrets mount all).

Size is the issue, maybe length is the way to go and not bulk? :idea:

Special weapons: not weapons as such, more like functions to counteract current in game actions? (a few idea's listed in previous post).

DeadlyDarkness
x3tc

Post by DeadlyDarkness » Sat, 18. Apr 09, 15:50

i've always imagined the M0 as something like the battlecruisers from Homeworld 2. Can carry ships, but also has amazing anti capital firepower.

http://homeworld.wikia.com/wiki/Hiigaran_Battlecruiser

Nephtys

Post by Nephtys » Sat, 18. Apr 09, 22:56

i would call that, like the XTM M0, more like a M1+ Class.

M3+ are M3 with higher Firepower... so you could also "upgrade" other classes.

Already seen M2+ in a Mod Idea as ultra heavy Battleships.

A combination between M1 and M2 have to be a M1+, a carrier (main function) plus more firepower.

M0 are planetdestroyers. And they should remain as this :D

also, with the right script to make the planet-blowing-weapon looking good... would be nice to get them back into the game :D
missed them in X3... *g*

PS: you could call #deca a M0, because it is a terraformer CPU ship. It indirectly terraforms planets... and the controlled terraformer drones could also blow up a planet (is much above terraforming is it?)
[ external image ]
Fear the drones!

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sat, 18. Apr 09, 23:19

I'm still waiting to see an M0 take more of a role.

I've seen some epic battles where they have had real looking fleet battles.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”