[SCR][june 08][v. 2.5-] STO 1.57 - overtake sectors

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Mon, 19. Nov 12, 08:07

Rez wrote:Having an issue with this script and wondering if any others encountered the same.

Playing X3AP w/ the XRM mod. I have my Terran HQ and a trading station set up in Blue Horizon but the script will not claim it for me. There are no NPC stations in the sector and it is currently considered owned by "Unknown".

The script did, however, claim the Xenon HUB sector and it is now owned by me.

Anyone know of any workarounds to claim this sector? Otherwise I might just have to uninstall the mod in favor of another.
Its due to how XRM handles trading stations. In XRM they are considered HQs so this script doesnt recognize that they are trade stations.

Its an easy fix though. Just use the cheat scripts and cheat in a trading station. The station you want has a volume of 15000 not 15001 which is the XRM version.

Just be sure and deduct the credits from youre acct :)

Rez
x3tc

Post by Rez » Mon, 19. Nov 12, 22:35

Worked like a charm! Thanks for the quick reply. :)

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Mon, 3. Dec 12, 07:15

I know this is an old script, but i had a odd feature. I lost control of the hub sector, and with it the hub. What caused it to happen and can i prevent it from happening again?

Rez
x3tc

Post by Rez » Tue, 4. Dec 12, 17:22

That happened to me and it turned out to be a plot re-initializing the HUB, essentially setting it back to neutral. Not sure if you are using XRM, but I believe that may be a factor.

In my game I took ownership of the HUB after completing the Terran plot (X3AP/XRM). However, once my Boron rank reached 6 it activated the Atreus HQ plot, thus setting the HUB back to neutral so I had to complete the plot to reclaim it.

Word of advice on that one if it's the case with you...go back to a previous save and set your Boron race rank to 2 or 3 (i.e. don't let it get to 6). I tried to complete the Atreus HUB plot after it reset the HUB and it became bugged about 2/3 of the way through.

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Tue, 4. Dec 12, 17:28

Yep, using XRM. Thanks for the info. Next time i log in im going to set my rank back down.

On a side note, has anyone had any luck with XP/XRM claiming the spawned unknown sectors? I can claim the standard ones, just not the added ones.

Sinnerman49
x3

Post by Sinnerman49 » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 23:40

Anyone else running into an issue where STO claims a single sector (Xi in my case) twice....and then from there on won't let me claim further sectors?

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Sat, 15. Dec 12, 07:44

Sinnerman49, are you running XRM or other mod that expands the universe?

fisher 2000
x3ap

Post by fisher 2000 » Thu, 27. Dec 12, 00:40

how do I install this ? O.o when I download it, it isn't in a ZIP format

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Thu, 27. Dec 12, 00:47

It is a 7z file. It is made by the program 7zip. Download that and you will be able to extract it normally.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

fisher 2000
x3ap

Post by fisher 2000 » Thu, 27. Dec 12, 01:01

if I download 7-Zip it wont change my ZIP files to 7-zip will it ? I prefer to use windows ZIP and I have no idea how to change it back if it does

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Thu, 27. Dec 12, 06:27

When you install it you should be able to set it so windows does not associate the program with the zip file extension. If it does not (which is unlikely) in control panel you can choose what program you want file extensions to be associated with, simply change it back to windows explorer.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

GDI-BOSS
x4

Post by GDI-BOSS » Tue, 12. Feb 13, 13:21

Can claim unknown sectors for you??When i put my tradedock (argon) only consume e-cells..i have microchips cuantun tubes and glasses any know why??i have activate consume all gods..

Aurilensasen

Ap STO script help.

Post by Aurilensasen » Thu, 28. Mar 13, 02:46

I have installed the STO 1.5.7. To takeover a sector i need to destroy all of the owners stations and place down a trading station. I have done so in a yaki sector, but when i check the map it shows the yaki as still owning it. Will it always say that? or is there options i need to have specifically on for it work?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 28. Mar 13, 19:58

**merged with STO topic, as per [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url]**

Are you sure that STO is properly installed (i.e. that you installed it into the addon folder and not just into the X3TC folder)? According to the Online-PDF your rank to the owner race has to be -5. Is that the case? Do you have any other scripts or mods installed that might interfere with STO somehow?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

0o0o0
x3ap

Post by 0o0o0 » Wed, 24. Apr 13, 20:57

I'm having trouble with this script. It worked fine for a while with no problems adn then all of the sudden it will not spawn new stations. if I drop a station its fine and the station remains but if I change ownership of the station to any other race other than mine it is instantly deleted. This happens when I start a brand new game also. It only happens in sectors that I have claimed. Anyone having trouble like this or know how I can fix it?

Xenon472
x4

Post by Xenon472 » Sat, 4. May 13, 14:34

hello all
i was wondering if there is a way to rename the unknown sectors added by XRM, i think that the problem is that the sectors aren't named"Unknown Sector" but "Unknown Sector X Y"( where X and Y are the coordinates of the sector).
there is a way to make the XRM Unknown Sectors renameable?

EDIT:
nevermind i found a way to make any sector renameble:
i edited the "plugin.sto.main.menu" script removing line 713(if $sector.rename.name == $sector.unknown.name)
and line 718 (end)

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Fri, 24. May 13, 01:49

0o0o0 wrote:I'm having trouble with this script. It worked fine for a while with no problems adn then all of the sudden it will not spawn new stations. if I drop a station its fine and the station remains but if I change ownership of the station to any other race other than mine it is instantly deleted. This happens when I start a brand new game also. It only happens in sectors that I have claimed. Anyone having trouble like this or know how I can fix it?
This is quite a late response but have you turned off the option to destroy NPC stations when they are spawned by GOD? If not then that's probably the problem.
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

Komrad_B
x3

Post by Komrad_B » Thu, 30. May 13, 04:07

Is this script supposed to also work with the new sectors of Vukica's Lost Colony Expansion? I have no problems claiming the original sectors but nothing seems to work in all the added sectors, I wonder if theres anything that can be done because there would be a lot of nice ones to claim! ;)

I also use XRM.

EDIT : Nevermind - I reinstalled the script and it did the trick.

fisher 2000
x3ap

Post by fisher 2000 » Mon, 24. Jun 13, 23:16

ive been trying to claim emperor mines with this. i have successfully taken other sectors with this mod but i really wanted to take this one because its dark and is close to argon/Terran space also has alot of resources. can someone confirm this or is there a sneeky pirate base somewhere ??

im using X3AP 3.0

rand__
x4

Post by rand__ » Thu, 27. Jun 13, 09:55

While i have little to no skill in X3 scripting i took a small peek inside the script and there is nothing i've seen to prevent specific sectors from being taken...

For me it was Black Hole Sun just now because my Argon notoriety had gone up 1 notch to Confirmed Enemy (-4) instead of Enemy of the Federation (-5).

You need -5 to take over sectors... have you checked that?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”