[SCRIPT] Player Workshops V2.0 [28.07.2009]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

NovaStark
x3tc

Post by NovaStark » Wed, 13. Jun 12, 06:28

Ah, my bad. I honestly had never looked at the xml itself very hard. I suppose it is a lot easier to read in the id's than parse a bunch of text. ;) I've done enough of that to last a life time when trying to convert third party data into your own system. Even if there is documentation to the format there's invariably differences in the actual implementation that you just have to account for through trial and error. Industry specific file formats... bleh.. talk about haphazard hacks with no consistency.

Andyrids
x3tc

Post by Andyrids » Wed, 13. Jun 12, 16:57

DrBullwinkle wrote:
NovaStark wrote:Maybe if I was *very* familiar with all the commands and syntax I would use a text editor too
No, no, no.

It has nothing to do with your experience with other editors. X3 uses xml like a database; it stores ID's rather than text strings. The readable text in scripts is just comments -- it is not the actual code. The real code is numeric ID's, which are, more or less, not human readable.

It is not a matter of which editor you prefer, as in other languages. You really must use an editor made for the job (if you want your scripts to work).

Otherwise, you are just spitting into the wind. ;)
Now that was useful info and interesting to know :) ... XML is a very flexible programming lang and can be built to your own needs its much like the old "Forth" in a way where you used to build routines and then break them down into a single command... anyway thank you guys for the help and advice no disrespect meant :)

Nibel

Post by Nibel » Fri, 14. Sep 12, 02:36

any problems with AP ?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 14. Sep 12, 03:46

Nibel wrote:any problems with AP ?
OK, that's at least three. ;)

You can stop asking the question, Nibel. The answer is always going to be: "scripts for TC work fine for AP, unless otherwise noted."

Mods are more variable but most of those, too, are clearly marked if they do not work in AP.

Nibel

Post by Nibel » Fri, 14. Sep 12, 19:02

DrBullwinkle wrote:
Nibel wrote:any problems with AP ?
OK, that's at least three. ;)

You can stop asking the question, Nibel. The answer is always going to be: "scripts for TC work fine for AP, unless otherwise noted."

Mods are more variable but most of those, too, are clearly marked if they do not work in AP.
some mods so old,that they are were created b4 univerese was in god's plan,so there is a chance,that author/mods didn't stated,that this mod not working or working properly,plus i've noticed,that some users report problems(example:not all hotkeys are working) with mods,so asking same question for each mod is normal.
i better be sure than sorry.

Koritnaciino
x4

Post by Koritnaciino » Tue, 19. Mar 13, 12:01

After instalation in AP first save and next load I missing ships in 2 shypyards.
Informations about products still there but if I click trade with shipyard inc emptu list. I have Xtra ship pack instaled and problem is exactly with 2 of them. Teladi and Boron. I goiing uninstal and will see.
Edit: after uninstalation everything ok so probably not working well with AP or with Xtra.

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Tue, 19. Mar 13, 15:50

Koritnaciino wrote:After instalation in AP first save and next load I missing ships in 2 shypyards.
Informations about products still there but if I click trade with shipyard inc emptu list. I have Xtra ship pack instaled and problem is exactly with 2 of them. Teladi and Boron. I goiing uninstal and will see.
Edit: after uninstalation everything ok so probably not working well with AP or with Xtra.
I've never had problems with this script.
X3:AP 3.1+XRM 1.30d+MSP 1.7+LoCo 2.01+IR 2.0
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

Koritnaciino
x4

Post by Koritnaciino » Wed, 20. Mar 13, 13:33

I not going say that because of script. I have around 10 addons instaled so can be combinations or something. Also I tryied with save game not with new start.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 20. Mar 13, 16:26

It's probably something else, Koritnaciino.

krowser07

Post by krowser07 » Wed, 1. Oct 14, 10:24

hey i installed this and set a hotkey for the config menu. everything seems to be working fine but for some reason i dont see any option to buy ship upgrades. im using phq. any ideas ?

DarkVoid

Post by DarkVoid » Sun, 28. Dec 14, 17:20

I have the same problem i dont see any option to buy ship upgrades! The config seems ok. No command apear in the pHQ

feygan
x4

Post by feygan » Wed, 31. Dec 14, 10:31

DarkVoid wrote:I have the same problem i dont see any option to buy ship upgrades! The config seems ok. No command apear in the pHQ
The actual commands are done in a ships command menu. First you use your plugin config screen, from there you will see workshops and this allows you to set things such as which software you can add, whether or not you can use it on big ships etc.

When you have a ship docked go into the trade menu and you should see a worskops command, that then allows you to use all the functions.

Zfast4y0u

Post by Zfast4y0u » Sat, 3. Sep 16, 18:26

well i have problem with this script,when i click on ''WORKSHOPS'' in trade section i receive PM i need to configure workshop :S

my ship is docked to argon EQ dock that i bought just to test this script out.

[ external image ]

http://image.prntscr.com/image/1fe94260 ... 2403c5.png

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

Zfast4y0u

Post by Zfast4y0u » Tue, 6. Sep 16, 01:53

nvm, resolved working now :D

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Fri, 24. Nov 17, 20:51

Hi,

Is there a place to download this script again?
And is it compatible with AP 3.2?

I used it in TC and was quite nice, and want to have something easier to manage my HQ fleet than was is vanilla built in but can't find where to download it.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 24. Nov 17, 21:05

The download link in the opening post works fine for me.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

century

Post by century » Mon, 2. Apr 18, 13:54

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”