Starburst Inconsistency

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rhadamant
x4

Starburst Inconsistency

Post by Rhadamant » Wed, 29. Apr 09, 02:01

I find that the Starburst Shockwave Cannon is very inconsistent. About 75% of the time it snipes the target with dead accuracy and doesn't miss. 25% of the time it misses constantly and never hits a thing. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?

(I experience this as a Springblossom against M5's M4's and M3's.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Wed, 29. Apr 09, 02:19

Everyone. It's called "FAA bug". Keep reloading your game and flying to different sectors until it disappears.

It happens when you save during a battle in which you are using FLAKs so don't do that to avoid the bug triggering.

Rhadamant
x4

Post by Rhadamant » Wed, 29. Apr 09, 02:21

Oh I find the bug hilarious. I give up using the SSC and just ram the little buggers, I was only wondering if it was me or the game, thanks for clearing it up =].

NCODB

Post by NCODB » Wed, 29. Apr 09, 02:48

Actually, i think i've found a way around it. What i did was remove my Fight Command software from my ship, and re-installed it. Worked fine after. No idea why.

Rhadamant
x4

Post by Rhadamant » Wed, 29. Apr 09, 03:01

NCODB wrote:Actually, i think i've found a way around it. What i did was remove my Fight Command software from my ship, and re-installed it. Worked fine after. No idea why.
It probably reset the turret's commands and settings.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 29. Apr 09, 03:03

Which can also be done by simply setting all turret commands to none.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Wed, 29. Apr 09, 03:10

There's also the slight problem that the SSC's range isn't quite as long as my ship thinks it is - the computer thinks it's in firing range at about 3k range, but it doesn't have a chance to actually hit anything until about 2k.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Wed, 29. Apr 09, 06:01

Obivously you people never took notice of this when dogfighting a pack of M5s in a springblossem. You'll get alot of way off target misses. It's not a bug, but it proves FLAK weapons can be dodged in a fighter.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”