My friends (cheating) art of SETA exploits

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

forsamori

My friends (cheating) art of SETA exploits

Post by forsamori » Thu, 30. Apr 09, 23:13

My friend has discovered the advantages of find a nice quiet area and setting SETA on X1000 for about 6 hours. He had 5 Universe transports.
6 hours later and he had 40,000,000cr!!!!

Incase anyone was struggling to get money then this is a easy way to make money. Just stay off the beaten path and hit SETA and "Kaching!"

THIS IS AN EXPLOIT!
I hate exploits, therefore i am only giving this advice and not taking it myself.
GMan loves za melons

Deadaim
x2

Post by Deadaim » Thu, 30. Apr 09, 23:15

How do you get your seta up to 1000x?

EvilCheeseMan
x3tc

Post by EvilCheeseMan » Thu, 30. Apr 09, 23:16

I think he meant 10x speed. It shows up as 1000% when you actually go into SETA.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 30. Apr 09, 23:17

This has been known, and exploited, since X2. And it's not only an exploit, but a large waster of energy. If 'your friend' is that much in need of cash, tell 'him' to simply script it in and help save the environment. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Deadaim
x2

Post by Deadaim » Thu, 30. Apr 09, 23:17

yes..but my seta only goes up to 600

Lord Kellmar
x3tc

Post by Lord Kellmar » Thu, 30. Apr 09, 23:17

It's either x10 or 1000% :wink:

This "exploit" is well known, and it's also well known that leaving the game on SETA will kill your trading rank and fighting rank very quickly.
Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature
[ external image ]

Mopy
x3

Post by Mopy » Thu, 30. Apr 09, 23:18

Waste of electricity :P Should have used the cheat script instead.

::Edit Nanook :P Beaten.

Deadaim - you can change seta up or down from x6 in settings.
Last edited by Mopy on Thu, 30. Apr 09, 23:19, edited 1 time in total.
Sig

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 30. Apr 09, 23:18

Deadaim wrote:yes..but my seta only goes up to 600
That's because you haven't changed it in the Gameplay Options.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Frostynso

Post by Frostynso » Thu, 30. Apr 09, 23:33

You will find that if you let those traders do their thing and you go out and try to make money also, that you will make about 10x as much money as you will by leaving your game on SETA for 6 hours.

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Fri, 1. May 09, 00:38

If it was exploit it would have been fixed long ago.

Seems more of an option for those with less time on their hands to stay vanilla and unmoded. As was stated above there is a price, in-game time and real world cost plus system use.

Good way to learn the game then start a new game with more ideas on where to take your story.
[ external image ]
The end of a trilogy does not mean an end to a series.
| Vanilla with strawberries? [List of Vanilla safe mods.] | Tired of the plots? [Plot Skipper Tool v0.5] |
| X3: R & TC Minimaps |

silenced
x4

Re: My friends (cheating) art of SETA exploits

Post by silenced » Fri, 1. May 09, 00:44

forsamori wrote:My friend has discovered the advantages of find a nice quiet area and setting SETA on X1000 for about 6 hours. He had 5 Universe transports.
6 hours later and he had 40,000,000cr!!!!

Incase anyone was struggling to get money then this is a easy way to make money. Just stay off the beaten path and hit SETA and "Kaching!"

THIS IS AN EXPLOIT!
I hate exploits, therefore i am only giving this advice and not taking it myself.

6 rl hours seta = 60 hours ingame ...

in this time you could have made about 500 million cr. easily ... VERY easily, that "seta exploit" is just wasted time, really
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Fri, 1. May 09, 01:17

Aro wrote:If it was exploit it would have been fixed long ago.
No - it's exploiting a game feature. The only exploits that get "fixed" are where it's an exploit of a bug and the bug gets fixed.

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Fri, 1. May 09, 01:40

40M credits? I score that in about an hour of missions in lazy-mode.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Fri, 1. May 09, 02:35

40 is easy, just cap an M7 with guns and sell. 10 minutes of work for Kraken.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Fri, 1. May 09, 02:42

But at that point money becomes a different problem. You're building stations for the sole reason of haveing anothr place to stuff $2B cash in, or buying m2s to suicide in Xenon sectors.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

mcflurey667
x3tc

Post by mcflurey667 » Fri, 1. May 09, 02:43

another SETA exploit is if your ship is almost out of sheilds and your last save was ages ago or you have just found something realy cool IBL etc or u have almost finished a patrol and can be assed to do it again, is turn away from your enemy put on full speed and activate SETA, enemy weapons will not damage you as you put some distance between you this has worked for me since reunion. 8)
Glory Be To The Sajuuk Khar

sazanami
x3tc

Post by sazanami » Fri, 1. May 09, 05:10

mcflurey667 wrote:another SETA exploit is if your ship is almost out of sheilds and your last save was ages ago or you have just found something realy cool IBL etc or u have almost finished a patrol and can be assed to do it again, is turn away from your enemy put on full speed and activate SETA, enemy weapons will not damage you as you put some distance between you this has worked for me since reunion. 8)
Doesn't always work, but has saved my arse several times when I was still in small ships. If weapons hit you seta is cancelled, but you can still try again.

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Fri, 1. May 09, 06:49

note that ranks start to drain down after a certain amount of in-game time with no input; I'm not sure if _all_ ranks go down or just trading/fighting ones, but it happens.

iirc legend has it this starts to happen after an hour (or 6 minutes on SETA x10!) - ranks fall faster the higher they are, and they won't drop below a certain level - your seta'd traders will keep your trading rank going somewhat but your fighting rank will plummet... and that means you'll get rubbish rewards from missions
Math problems? Call 0800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 1. May 09, 09:10

I reckon I could make 40 million credits in a couple of hours if I got the right missions, and I wouldn't have to cripple my fight and trade rank in order to do it...probably have a lot more fun, too!

OdinValhik
x4

Post by OdinValhik » Sat, 2. May 09, 02:01

This sounds really boring, making such cash without doing anything, I guess, if I had the time as 6 hours, in the current game, I could easly make "legally" 400 million, without any problem, and still having *fun* :P But now, cash isn't everything counting in this game, well is it? :wink:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”