[TC] where can i purchase a tractor beam / repair laser

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

zigyzigy
x3tc

where can i purchase a tractor beam / repair laser

Post by zigyzigy » Tue, 5. May 09, 20:09

hey, i notice in my guns menue there are a few lasers i am yet to find, i have very nearly mapped the whole univese, so where can i get a repir laser and or tractor beam, only place i have seen repair laser is on my spaice suite .... which is very handy =]

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Tue, 5. May 09, 20:18

tractor beam---> paranid space (core sectors)

Repair laser---> cheating or using scripts is the only way.
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Tue, 5. May 09, 20:19

Trac Fac's only exist in Third Redemption with two exceptions.
1. Player owned
2. Build missions (have 4 other Trac Fac's located in my universe and most are in/border Pirate space).

Repair lasers (other than the one on your spacesuit) don't exist in a vanilla game. However they can be added by modding your game, see TC S&M Forum if you really want them.

zigyzigy
x3tc

Post by zigyzigy » Tue, 5. May 09, 20:22

cheers, seems wierd that they would say in the weapons menue that you can equip a laser that doesnt exist .. :roll:

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Tue, 5. May 09, 20:23

Don't believe everything that's in the manual, there's plenty in there that doesn't exist or the player can't have.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 5. May 09, 20:51

It's nothing to do with the manual--the in-game ship slots show some ships as being able to equip Repair Lasers. This is because Repair Laser, Tractor Beam and Mobile Drilling System all fit into the same slot and so if a ship can mount one, it can mount the others--yes, technically that means you could fit a Tractor Beam on your spacesuit if you could somehow get it on there, although you wouldn't be able to fire it because the suit doesn't have enough energy to power the weapon.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”