Splash Screen =TextIDNotFound=

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

MutantDwarf
x4

Splash Screen =TextIDNotFound=

Post by MutantDwarf » Tue, 5. May 09, 21:41

After uninstalling some mods in preperation for starting a new game, the splash screen that starts up when you double-click the shortcut to start X3TC has somehow forgotten all its words.

I think I accidentally deleted a t-file somewhere, but I haven't the faintest idea where - or why it wasn't in the .cats to begin with. The game works just fine - the splash screen is the only bit that doesn't work, so it's not a huge problem. But I was wondering what file controls the splash screen's text strings and how I could go about replacing it without having to reinstall the whole game. Any ideas?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 5. May 09, 21:43

t\0002.pck

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Tue, 5. May 09, 21:47

Huzzah! Many thanks - after copying it into my X3 Terran Conflict\t directory off of the DVD, my splash screen is no longer annoyingly illiterate.

Still find it odd it wasn't included in the .cat files, though *shrug* Maybe the splash screen doesn't want to read them. Anyways, thanks again!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”