Hammer torpedo facts need makin better

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dem0n_Dude
x3tc

Hammer torpedo facts need makin better

Post by Dem0n_Dude » Wed, 6. May 09, 21:59

i've recently been makin a hammer/ flail/ tomahawk complex and i noticed that tomohawks(which are more then twice as powerful as hammers) are produced more than twice as fast as hammers. i think hammers need to be made faster since they're such an important part of an M7M's arsnal(of two missiles).

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Wed, 6. May 09, 22:01

Check how many are made each time. That also effects the speed. Faster usually means fewer made per 'run'.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Dem0n_Dude
x3tc

Post by Dem0n_Dude » Wed, 6. May 09, 22:05

by faster i meant made per hour. 10 hammer fabs make 40 missles per hour and 5 tomo fabs make 45 missles per hour. I'm only complaining about this cos i want my hammers quicker :D

Napalm102
x3

Post by Napalm102 » Wed, 6. May 09, 22:08

A bit off the topic, how man factories do ppl usually have producing flails and hammers to supply their M7Ms. I recently got a Minotaur and a complex with 4 flail factories and 2 hammer factories, and it doesn't seem like enough. I chew through those flails at an alarming speed.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Wed, 6. May 09, 22:15

The solution for all of you guys is one: build more fabs!!

I have 10 flails and 5 hammers fabs, the flail production is almost enough and the Hammer production is too much for me. :)

Money is your problem? cap an Akuma or a Brigandine and sell it, you invest that money in new fabs... (a lot new fabs)

I suggest to have a faster M7M like Cobra or Kraken for capping jobs, so you are not outrun by your prey... (you can always cap a new M7M with your Minotaur) :D
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Wed, 6. May 09, 22:20

I have 3x Flail, 2x Hammers and now plan adding 1x Tomahawk.

I use those exclusively to cap ships and there aren't that many ships to cap that would require getting more fabs...

Also, damage isn't everything when comparing missiles. Tomahawks have 3 times longer cooldown time than Hammers. I haven't done the math so can't say for certain but damage per second of those two at least in my opinion seems to be pretty similar.

Dem0n_Dude
x3tc

Post by Dem0n_Dude » Wed, 6. May 09, 22:50

well when my new plex is finished in total i will have 12 flail fabs, 12 hammer fabs, and 5 tomo fabs. 2 flails and hammers did me fine but i had to take long breaks between capping ventures.

Chealec
x3tc

Post by Chealec » Wed, 6. May 09, 23:17

I think I've got something like 12 hammer fabs, 8 flail fabs and a couple of tomahawk fabs - and that's enough for me. The missiles I tend to use most of are by far and away Typhoons - but I think I've got something like 20 Typhoon fabs (they're slow builders as well) - I've got mutiple factories of every kind of missile I regularly use.

My guess would be that the missile fab production rate is not just based on the missile per-se, but a combination of the missile and the ships it's compatible with to maintain some kind of balance. If that's the case it makes a kind of sense that Tomahawks are quicker to produce than Hammer HTs since they are the be-all and end-all of the M8 class.

An M7M without Hammers is not quite as handicapped as an M8 without Tomahawks.
[ external image ]

... old skool

Dem0n_Dude
x3tc

Post by Dem0n_Dude » Wed, 6. May 09, 23:19

i see what u mean. I never thought about it like that. Maybe it is fair that tomohawks are faster.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”