[TC] Starburst (PSSC) & Ex. EMPC Questions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Starburst (PSSC) & Ex. EMPC Questions

Post by Bill Huntington » Fri, 8. May 09, 09:29

I just got access to Prototype Starburst Shockwave Cannon (PSSC) for the Springblossom. It looks pretty good, except they are shorter range than the MAML. But they are not ammo based. Can anyone tell me if they have had success with them?

Second Question. The Spitfyre looks pretty good as an M3, if you could get weapons for it. Even when other Earth weapons are available, the Exp. EMPC has zero available. Is there a way to encourage production? Do they just show up someday? The fully outfitted Spitfire is not available at the Aldrin shipyards. Are they someday?
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

milytar
x4

Post by milytar » Fri, 8. May 09, 09:51

I use PSSC on my springi side turrets and they protect my ship-I am wery,wery happy,they works well(yes they trayn lot of energy but i'm happy)

hsung
x3tc

Post by hsung » Fri, 8. May 09, 09:51

The PSSC is good at taking out fighters especially M5's which are harder to hit.

Prior to ver 2.0, there is a weapons fab in Aldrin which supplies nominal experimental and prototype weapons. In version 2.0, there is a new weapons fab near the jump beacon which keeps a full stock of such weapons.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Thanks

Post by Bill Huntington » Fri, 8. May 09, 09:57

Thank you for your very fast responses. Sounds good.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Fri, 8. May 09, 12:17

SSCs are Terran FAAs, with shorter range but better damage.

On Springblossom you should have them in your side turrets and also two as your front guns to get rid of an occasional fighter on which you don't want to use your M/AM-L warheads.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”