Point singularity madness!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

philip_hughes
x3tc

Point singularity madness!

Post by philip_hughes » Fri, 8. May 09, 10:57

Just capped an Osaka. the thing had 8 of these babies on it, so I decided to test them out. First salvo, half the shields of my split M7M gone. Second salvo, 2nd half. Thats 3 gigs! I presume the third salvo and my ship will be... a singularity!

Any other use?
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Fri, 8. May 09, 11:05

you can charge them up and they will do more dammage just keep the triger pressed.
You can destroy an m2 with 6gig of shielding in 1 shots that way.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Fri, 8. May 09, 12:34

Sadly they don't have good firing rate so their effective damage per second is lower than PPCs.

It's still a kickass weapon. Plus there are ships in this game that can mount so many PSPs so they can kill an M7 with a single shot. Imagine the feeling of power under your thumb when you do that. :-)

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Fri, 8. May 09, 13:24

xeon_1 wrote:you can charge them up and they will do more dammage just keep the triger pressed.
You can destroy an m2 with 6gig of shielding in 1 shots that way.
The downside is that to charge them you need to go in the turret thet mounts them and hold down the trigger until they are charged to max and fire by themselves.

This way you have no control on the ship speed or facing.

This way you can strip all shields on a M2 with two charged volleys (and do some damage to the hull too)
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

silenced
x4

Post by silenced » Fri, 8. May 09, 13:36

While completing the Aldrin Plot and fighting some Xenon i was placed between a K and 2 Osaka sitting in my Tiger, don't remember exactly, but the last things i saw were some PSP's coming from the K and a few from the Osaka which were aimed at the K right in that moment ... Result: Game Over !

Same happend later again while using a Springblossom to get fast from A to B, i accidentically catched some PSP's flying in my way.

Seems like they love me :/.
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Fri, 8. May 09, 13:49

My first try with the PSP:

Me:Half-kitted Osaka with full PSP front only.
Target: Xenon M7 mucking around.

Manual target it, accidentaly keep the trigger pressed and wonder why it doesnt shoot.

'Oh there goes the shots now... hmm.... looks like snow crystals, a little bit different than PPC... looks good for now... seems like they are going to actualy even hit the M7'

BOOOM! *Xenon M7 debris flying all over my windshield + big light flash

WHAT WHAT WHAT THE H*LL JUST HAPPENED HERE! :D

And i also flew around the PSP shots with my Chimera during the Aldrin missions. strangely i never got hit by one. Good for me, apparently they fry you with one shot.
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”