If not PBG, IBL then what?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Skiritai
x3tc

If not PBG, IBL then what?

Post by Skiritai » Fri, 8. May 09, 13:06

I started my game two weeks ago and without really thinking about it, It seemed the normal course of events was to get police license and go around beating up pirates.

Well, now I can afford my Panther and want to get IBL and realize that is another pirate gun too. I was never able to get a PBG due to my low pirate standings.

At this point, I am maxed rep with all normal factions and got that way by mostly killing pirates.

What is the most efficient method to procure the pirate standings I need for those weapon systems?

Failing that, what is the alternative to those weapons that people feel are up to par?

Thanks

1muvwndr
xr

Post by 1muvwndr » Fri, 8. May 09, 13:15

You may want to look for missions from the pirate stations that are not hostile to you. Maybe killing Khaak/Xenon in pirate space helps too but I'm not sure about that.
Otherwise you may head for Yaki space, they have 2 IBL forges.

klingens

Post by klingens » Fri, 8. May 09, 13:23

If you haven't killed any Yaki, making nice with them is the easiest option to get IBLs

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Fri, 8. May 09, 13:24

Easiest way to get IBL is via capping:

[ external image ]

Skiritai
x3tc

Post by Skiritai » Fri, 8. May 09, 13:30

Yes, capping it will have to be. Just killed my first M2 with my vidar couple days ago...a yaki akuma. My marines are finally up to 4-5 stars on all points. I am going to try for a capture tonight.

Thanks

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Fri, 8. May 09, 13:37

I assume you don't have M7M yet...

Here's a tip: For Akuma and other destroyers it'll be much faster if you bring M8 with you carrying two dozens of Tomahawks.

Launch two dozens of fighter Drones at him from Vidar to keep him busy, bring his shields down with Tomahawks from your bomber (it's a blast) and then just fly close to him in Vidar or Centaur or whatever and launch Marines. He will be so busy with Drones he won't even notice you.

After Marines are through the hull (they neex max Mechanical skill, they won't get through without it), send your M8 away to keep it safe, tell your Drones to fly to another sector and run away yourself.

Weapons that stay on Akuma after cap will be random so you might want to reload a few times. But eventually you will get what you came for plus a nice destroyer (really fast!) as a bonus.

By the way, that Ray, it gave me what I came for on the first try which was remarkably lucky.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 8. May 09, 13:40

You can get a boron M7 or a Shrike.
Neither need IBL like the Panther does.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”