Terran EQs: How about 4x EMPC for sale instead of 2x?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

delray
x3tc

Terran EQs: How about 4x EMPC for sale instead of 2x?

Post by delray » Thu, 14. May 09, 07:32

Why only 2x EMPCs are available in each Terran EQ/Orbital Station?

Those guns are basically PACs. Yet Terran EQs sell only two of them maximum. Never more. Most fighter weapons in the Commonwealth are available in batches of 4x at EQs (like HEPTs for example) or more. Why can't Terran EQ follow that rule? It's PPC-grade level of weapons that are sold two per dock...

Why am I asking? It would be much easier to equip wings of Sabres if you could have 4x instead of 2x EMPCs at the local EQ. Gettign a Sabres wing would actually be as easy as finding a shipyard with L version and adding 4x EMPC to them.

So how about making that small change? :-)

1muvwndr
xr

Post by 1muvwndr » Thu, 14. May 09, 07:44

How about eq. docks selling more pieces of the same weapon/shield according to your rep?

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Thu, 14. May 09, 07:48

My idea is better. My change would be trivial and would help make this game easier to live with by a huge bit.

Yours is very good too but would require lots of rewriting. :-)

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Thu, 14. May 09, 07:53

It's because the number of items available in a dock is determined by the RelVal of the item. EMPCs have very high RelVal (that is, they cost a lot), so like all things with a price over, what, 300k? EQ docks only stock two of them.

To change that, they'd need to lower the price of EMPCs or increase the ware capacity of EQ docks.

Also: Terran fighters are never equipped with weapons when bought from shipyards, so even if you buy that L version you'd still need to find eight EMPCs to outfit it with.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Thu, 14. May 09, 08:08

Good observations, but:

- Sabre can carry only 4x EMPC.
- I can buy EMPC when equipping my whole wing right after purchase so I don't need to micromanage at all.
- EMPC isn't worth that cash at all.

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Thu, 14. May 09, 09:14

If you're equipping at least 2 Sabres at once, buy the 2 EMPCs and then sell one back. That'll load up the dock with EMPCs again. Buy that pair, sell one back, repeat until your Sabres have 4 EMPCs.
*** modified ***

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Thu, 14. May 09, 09:24

EMPCs are the most expensive small-ship weapon at around 300,000 spacebucks a pop, if I remember right.

Also: Sabres can only hold 4 EMPCs? Damn, that sucks.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 14. May 09, 13:32

MutantDwarf wrote: Also: Sabres can only hold 4 EMPCs? Damn, that sucks.
A Sabre is only an M4--even the Commonwealth M4s only mount 6 guns, and they probably wouldn't be able to keep all 6 firing continuously unless they had only IREs mounted.

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Thu, 14. May 09, 15:16

You can always use the cloning exploit.

I've only done it once and only bacause there are no SSC forges in my universe. I capped a Yokohama, took its SSC's and cloned them.

Won't do it again, as I have my own forges now I've done the Aldrin Missions. Make your own EMPC's. . . . forge cycle time isn't too prohibitive.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Thu, 14. May 09, 15:44

But those are basics guns... mounted on everything from Baldric to Yokohama. They should be more widely available.

I doubt Terrans use cloning exploit to equip USC fleet... I don't want to be using it and game forces it upon me. Should game force exploiting upon people?

Pisces1

Post by Pisces1 » Fri, 15. May 09, 00:19

Like Bishop, my game had no EMPCs aside from a few I got from the main quest. Fortunately the 2.0 added that shipyard so now I can produce my own. But to answer you question: Yes, yes egosoft really wants you using that exploit, otherwise they would have given me a game with EMPCs in it.

Darth Harry

Post by Darth Harry » Fri, 15. May 09, 00:36

:lol: Since i stared with 2.0 there are at least 3 EMPC forges and PSP Forges in the solar system. Seems GOD leaves terran stations alone in 2.0 since the Keris Drone factory wasnt producing anything untill i set up a Silicon mine in the Asteroid Field

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 15. May 09, 01:40

delray wrote:I doubt Terrans use cloning exploit to equip USC fleet... I don't want to be using it and game forces it upon me. Should game force exploiting upon people?
If you'd prefer to avoid cloning, think the best solution (short of building a factory), is to use a TL as a warehouse with homebased fighters initially running Resupply Ship orders (until all the docks are empty), then Buy Ware orders to each of the factories, in order to stockpile all the available EMPCs in one place (the TL's hold). Then when buying the ships simply dock the TL at the shipyard first. Can also be useful to put 1 ST in each sector where there's an EMPC factory, to keep it stocked up with resources & ensure uninterrupted production.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”