Picking up passengers

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Foonchacha

Picking up passengers

Post by Foonchacha » Thu, 14. May 09, 08:33

I am new to the game, a bit lost but trying to figure things out as best I can. Biggest problem I am having now is taxi missions. They say go to a station and I do. Then I have no idea how to pick up a passenger from there. The book is not clear and I have searched the forums for taxi missions and turned up nothing. Could someone please explain how to pick up person(s) from stations to continue taxi missions? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks again,
Foonchacha

Thelic
x4

Post by Thelic » Thu, 14. May 09, 08:35

That would depend on the taxi mission. Many taxi missions require a TP class vessel to complete. Others, referred to as 'quick taxis', can be done with any ship that supports M class cargo and is equipped with Cargo Life Support. If these conditions are met, the passenger automagically boards your ship and off you go.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Thu, 14. May 09, 08:36

He will enter your ship automatically provided it has Cargo Lifesupport System installed.

TPs have it installed by default, other ships can buy it in a number of places, most notably Pirate Bases.

Sometimes he will refuse to fly a low-class ship and will demand a TP (which is a bus in this game).

Foonchacha

Post by Foonchacha » Thu, 14. May 09, 08:53

I am in the argon starter. I guess this is not the ship for such missions.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Thu, 14. May 09, 09:10

It's only for "Quick Taxi" missions, the ones where guy is desperate to get to his destination very fast and will pay extra and bear worse than usual conditions.

You should get a proper TP ship to do this kind of missions, personally I use Angel but any standard Express or Manta with Jump Drive will be enough to do most of those early missions.

Get a TP.

BeidAmmikon
x3tc

Post by BeidAmmikon » Thu, 14. May 09, 10:12

From what I've seen, there are 2 basic types of passenger ferry missions, when you are asked this way:
1) "I need a fast ship to take me there" - 1 person, a M-cargo sized ship will do, from Discoverer Hauler let's say onward
2) "I will not tolerate sub-standard transportation" - 1 person, you'll need a TP-class ship (Express, Iguana etc. - select the ships in the shipyards' list and you'll see their class also)
Generally, you should look after the "passenger transport" keywords and see if that's about a "fast ship" or "sub-standard transportation", that way there are small chances to get it wrong.
Either way, the Cargo Life Support System is needed for carrying passengers and military personnel. Some guys will not fit inside the ship and you may be asked to return to the departure station to take the remaining ones, so check out the free space inside the cargobay before docking at said station. AFAIK, 1 passenger takes 6 units of M-space, and a military guy takes 8 units (although I've taken aboard military units that came both in 6 AND 8 units so I'm not sure about the 8 units). The CLS system is sold at Pirate Bases and in a few other places, such as the Teladi Trading Station in The Vault. It's a good idea to equip all your ships with it as you may need to ferry passengers or to carry your Marines along quite frequently.

Foonchacha

Post by Foonchacha » Thu, 14. May 09, 17:18

This is an overwhelming game. I love it! Okay will try to take all this in and see what I can do. Thank you everyone.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”