Adv. Satellites and best buy/sell... How? [TC]

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

theNocturnal
x3tc

Adv. Satellites and best buy/sell... How? [TC]

Post by theNocturnal » Mon, 18. May 09, 17:13

I have spent the better part of an hour trying to read posts and figure this out. How do I use my deployed Advanced Satellites in conjuction with the best buy/sell software? I can look at what each station in the satellites sector is selling and the prices but i am hopeing there is a way to select a sector that i am not personally in and see the best buy/sell for it. I read in one posting on here that the advanced satellite has and advanced menu with best buy/see but under my advanced menu it only has 'rename' my current ship has trade command 1 & 2, best buy & sell, trade system extension, navigation 1, supply command, and special command 1. Is there something i am missing or doing wrong?

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Mon, 18. May 09, 17:24

I just select the sat in sector and use the shortcut keys 5 and 6 to get the prices.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Mon, 18. May 09, 17:28

You don't need the adv sat for this. All you need is something you own to be in a sector and all prices are available to you.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

theNocturnal
x3tc

Post by theNocturnal » Mon, 18. May 09, 18:31

If i have property in a sector i can click on each station and see what their current prices are, but what i am wanting to do is basicly select a sector and hit 5 and bring up the best sell price menu and see if that sector is a good place to unload my goods without looking through 10 stations one at a time. I also want to do the same thing with the best buy menu (6), i would like to select a sector and see if its even worth flying to at that moment. is there a way to accomplish this because i thought thats what advanced satellites were good for but i cant seem to make it work.

chelo_boga
x3tc

Post by chelo_boga » Mon, 18. May 09, 18:42

When u have installed in your ship the best buy/sell software (available at Teladi E.Docks, Terracorp, and a few more places i cant remember) in conjunction with the trading extensions software u can check prices remotely without landing at stations in the sector you are in or in other sectors of the universe, where u have a satellite. Just go to the sector, select the sat and then hit 5 (for best sell) or 6 (for best buy)

In TC. u can do the some selecting any ship u have in that sector instead of a sat, but contrary to reunion, the ship selected must have installed the best buy/sell software for this.

CidHighwind
x3ap

Post by CidHighwind » Mon, 18. May 09, 18:59

Hes looking for a way to look at the buy/sell list Out of Sector. For remote manual trading, I guess.

As far as I know, there isnt a way to do it. But I'm playing X2. Its a little less advanced.

RoadRunner12
x3tc

Post by RoadRunner12 » Mon, 18. May 09, 19:09

If you go to the sector map for the sector you have a satellite in, you can click on the satellite in the overview on the right and select best buys/sales from there to remotely check sectors you're not in.

CidHighwind
x3ap

Post by CidHighwind » Mon, 18. May 09, 19:11

can you do that with any property, or just adv. sats?

RoadRunner12
x3tc

Post by RoadRunner12 » Mon, 18. May 09, 19:14

Just adv sats afaik as they come with best buys software fitted although you can also do it with ships if they have it fitted too.

RoadRunner12
x3tc

Post by RoadRunner12 » Mon, 18. May 09, 19:18

mrbadger wrote:You don't need the adv sat for this. All you need is something you own to be in a sector and all prices are available to you.
They made a change in TC from Reunion so the best buys software needs to be installed on the ship/satellite in the remote system, rather than just on your ship.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 18. May 09, 19:52

CidHighwind wrote:can you do that with any property, or just adv. sats?
The Advanced Satellite option only works for X3TC, not X2 or X3R.
RoadRunner12 wrote:
mrbadger wrote:You don't need the adv sat for this. All you need is something you own to be in a sector and all prices are available to you.
They made a change in TC from Reunion so the best buys software needs to be installed on the ship/satellite in the remote system, rather than just on your ship.
The Advanced Satellite has this functionality built-in. Don't think you can install software on them, anyway.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

RoadRunner12
x3tc

Post by RoadRunner12 » Mon, 18. May 09, 19:54

That's why you use the advanced satellite instead of the normal one as it has this pre installed. In Reunion, you only needed a ship or sat you owned to be in system and the best buys/sales software on your ship.
Last edited by RoadRunner12 on Mon, 18. May 09, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Mon, 18. May 09, 19:55

Best buys software works with both basic sats and the adv sats if your ship has the installed software. You just select the Sat and press either 5 or 6 and you get the price lists.

RoadRunner12
x3tc

Post by RoadRunner12 » Mon, 18. May 09, 20:01

So it does. Looks like they didn't change the satellites to be in line with the ships when they made the TC changes to best buys/sales software.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”