[TC] How do I get to the Aldrin Sector?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

H E X E N

How do I get to the Aldrin Sector?

Post by H E X E N » Tue, 19. May 09, 17:47

First off I just want to say how helpful these forums have been. I have had the game for about a month and a half now and wouldn't be anywhere close to where I am without the knowledge found in these forums. Learned where to buy ships, how to capture ships, the best laser configuration for ships and the best ships to use and why. Absolutely fantastic database for an absolutely fantastic game.

OK, so here is my n00b question: How do I get to the Aldrin sector? There are no gates in Gaian Star or the Unknown Sector adjacent to the sectors I need to get to in order to travel to Aldrin. Do I have to complete certain missions to get to this sector? I am currently in the middle of the "Terran Defender" start but can progress no further because of a bug encountered in one of the missions. I decided to ditch the plot and just make it a sandbox game.

I want to get to Aldrin to cap a Springblossom. If I indeed can't get to this sector is there anywhere else where this ship can be capped?

Cactus-Soup
x3tc

Post by Cactus-Soup » Tue, 19. May 09, 17:50

To get there you need a jumpdrive (Look at corporation HQs).

Yeah seriously, these forums are great, mostly because the game itself tells you nearly nothing.

Cactus-Soup
x3tc

Post by Cactus-Soup » Tue, 19. May 09, 17:51

Also, you do realise you can just buy SpringBlossoms in Aldrin right?

H E X E N

Post by H E X E N » Tue, 19. May 09, 17:53

Wow! Insanely fast response. Thank you.

I do have a jump drive but I cannot locate the Aldrin sector on my jump map. I'm assuming because it's not in the database. The closest I can jump to it is the Gaian Star sector.

Cactus-Soup
x3tc

Post by Cactus-Soup » Tue, 19. May 09, 17:55

IIRC, you need to do it in a particular way...
like going through some menus to get to it...

What do you mean you "can't find [Aldrin], the closest I can jump to is Gaian Star"?

H E X E N

Post by H E X E N » Tue, 19. May 09, 17:59

Well, when I press "Shift J" to bring up my jump map, it gives me all the sectors I can jump to. But since I have not been to Aldrin or the sectors around it they don't show up on the jump map. The closest sector to Aldrin that I have explored is Gaian Star.

But Gaian Star has only one Jump Gate and that's back to the unknown sector. So I can get no further than Gaian Star. Through the gates anyways.

thiosk
x3tc

Post by thiosk » Tue, 19. May 09, 18:01

don't you have to finish a bunch of the plot lines before it opens up? I think so, anyway...
Fear the dreaded carousel beast!

Cactus-Soup
x3tc

Post by Cactus-Soup » Tue, 19. May 09, 18:03

Yeah, I kinda assumed you got to that point in the Terran Plot Line, you need to do that, you jump to Aldrin at the end of it anyway.

H E X E N

Post by H E X E N » Tue, 19. May 09, 18:06

thiosk wrote:don't you have to finish a bunch of the plot lines before it opens up? I think so, anyway...
That's what I feared. This is my first play through and I have only gotten about 5 - 6 missions into the "Terran Defender" plot line before I ignored the plot and decided to just explore and stuff. Too bad I decided to ignore it right in the middle of a mission so the mission is now unable to be completed.

Any other way I can find a Springblossom outside of Aldrin and it's surrounding sectors?

Cactus-Soup
x3tc

Post by Cactus-Soup » Tue, 19. May 09, 18:12

Not that I know of.

I know how you feel, on this playthrough, I decided to stop with the plot just after first talking to the guy in Heretic's End.

Now as a result I get him repeating his briefing to me every 20 minutes or so.

H E X E N

Post by H E X E N » Tue, 19. May 09, 18:18

Haha, that sucks.

The plot just became so boring. I wanted to explore and figure things out.

Thanks a lot guys for such quick responses and your help. I really do appreciate it. Now I wont drive myself crazy trying to get that Springblossom.

I have a Hyperion Vanguard anyways :)

Cactus-Soup
x3tc

Post by Cactus-Soup » Tue, 19. May 09, 18:39

If you think the Terran plot is boring (True, it is...) you might not like the Boron one...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”