Satellite Question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kain23
x4

Satellite Question

Post by Kain23 » Thu, 21. May 09, 09:32

I was just wondering if someone could tell me the different between the Advance Satellites and the Navigation Relay Satellites in TC? Thanks in advance..

1muvwndr
xr

Post by 1muvwndr » Thu, 21. May 09, 09:39

AFAIK the AdvSat has both the Best Buys and Best Sells locators and has a camera installed that should be usable while you have your AdvSat in one of the monitors. otherwise they have the same scanning range.

Kain23
x4

Post by Kain23 » Thu, 21. May 09, 09:55

So do they both pretty much do the same thing?

NUKLEAR-SLUG
x3tc

Post by NUKLEAR-SLUG » Thu, 21. May 09, 10:25

Advsat has much larger radar range.

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Thu, 21. May 09, 11:27

The only difference that I'm aware of is that the advanced has a larger scanning size, and costs about twice as much. I'm pretty sure they both have the best sell/buy menu.

As for the monitor/camera thing that is described in the manual, I would think the game would have to 3d render every system that an Adv satellite was dropped into to do something like that, and the game just doesn't seem to do that.

Now as for an user script... there is one that makes the extra investment of adv satellites a good one. But it does have one flaw. The more systems that you add to the network, the bigger the perfomance hit on the game. But, it's good for about 50 systems, before you start noticing (well.. I guess depending on what you have...) What it basicly does is give you a warning everytime an enemy comes within scan range of the satellite.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=218368

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Thu, 21. May 09, 11:31

Threesixtyci wrote:As for the monitor/camera thing that is described in the manual, I would think the game would have to 3d render every system that an Adv satellite was dropped into to do something like that, and the game just doesn't seem to do that.
If the play is the same sector; with the sector map open, presses 'k', you can see a rendered view of the sector, which aids factory positioning.

RoadRunner12
x3tc

Post by RoadRunner12 » Thu, 21. May 09, 19:06

OK, I'm confused. Have tried the sector view using "k" when I'm in a system where I have an advanced satellite, but all it seems to do is highlight the scanning ranges of any ships/sats I have in sector. What use is this? Am I missing something?

RoadRunner12
x3tc

Post by RoadRunner12 » Thu, 21. May 09, 19:24

Nervermind. Just zoomed in on the map with the sector view enabled and it all became clear :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”