One thing Autopilot can do right: Tractor Beam

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

delray
x3tc

One thing Autopilot can do right: Tractor Beam

Post by delray » Wed, 27. May 09, 01:20

Time for a story:

I was towing mines around in Antigone's today but had to pick up the phone right in the middle of it. Here's what I did:

- My Orca had Mine TB-ed to it at 4 KM and was slowly moving through the asteroid field in there
- Phone rang
- I pressed Shift+C -> Navigation... -> Move to position... and picked the spot where I want the mine to be.
- I noticed my Orca speeds up to 80 (!!!) in the middle of the sector. I felt this operation is doomed.
- I left to pick up the phone prepared to reload once I'm back

BUT:

When I returned I saw my Orca idling happily in the spot I chose, not a scratch on my ship, no scratches on my Mine.

AUTOPILOT SUCCESSFULLY TOWED A MINE THROUGH an ASTEROID FIELD.

I have no idea what he was doing when I was out but it succeeded and that's just amazing. KUDOS to whoever was fixing TB over at Egosoft.

I wish I had more Mines to tow around so I can actually see what it was doing there in the middle of that asteroid field.

Tiedyeguy
x4

Post by Tiedyeguy » Wed, 27. May 09, 01:26

You could always tow the same mine back through the rocks and back again just for kicks.
NUKLEAR-SLUG wrote:A wasp can sting you and that just hurts, a hundred stings can be fatal.. and that's before you consider most wasps don't come armed with flamethrowers.
Former Commanding Officer of "Hellbound Handbasket" M7 Panther light Carrier in the mighty fleet of Admiral Leo 'Steve' Kayean.

mattjenko
x3

Post by mattjenko » Wed, 27. May 09, 16:26

After many wobbly mine disasters of my own in earlier versions, I second the kudos. Never had enough faith to allow it to be done without me being there though, but this is v cool.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”