[TC] Torus doesn't like me

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SLeeZeCoRe
x3tc

Torus doesn't like me

Post by SLeeZeCoRe » Wed, 27. May 09, 14:59

Any idea's how to finish the Terran plot without earth blasting me to bits.

I did the final mission and took the dignitaries to earth, got the CONGRATULATIONS screen, then as I docked I got warned and blown up :? :lol:

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Wed, 27. May 09, 15:13

Jump out right after undocking and NEVER come back.

Earth is like Aldrin... a broken sector.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Re: Torus doesn't like me

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 27. May 09, 15:36

SLeeZeCoRe wrote:then as I docked I got warned and blown up
Don't use the autopilot for docking in Earth - it will take you out of the permitted safe zone, and the torus gunners are just itching to relieve the monotony.

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Wed, 27. May 09, 15:38

Still? I thought the safety zone was increase in a patch to avoid this.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 27. May 09, 15:43

vbruzual wrote:Still? I thought the safety zone was increase in a patch to avoid this.
I forget - I thought it was OOS that was fixed?

I never dock on auto at the Torus anyway, so I can't really say.

Le Baron
x3tc

Re: Torus doesn't like me

Post by Le Baron » Wed, 27. May 09, 15:49

SLeeZeCoRe wrote:Any idea's how to finish the Terran plot without earth blasting me to bits.

I did the final mission and took the dignitaries to earth, got the CONGRATULATIONS screen, then as I docked I got warned and blown up :? :lol:
Are you sure, you are up to date (2.0a patch)?

I don't have any problems, doesn't matter if my ship dock OOS or IS :!:
Support optional Steam-free X:R!
optional (!!!) Non-Steam XR release or we won't buy!
Steam = Game Over!

SLeeZeCoRe
x3tc

Post by SLeeZeCoRe » Wed, 27. May 09, 16:09

I've done it now, I manually docked and all was fine.

Just started the Argon mission and just after going through the jupitar accelerator a voice said "supply software" and I exploded!!!

I waited a long time for patches to come out before I installed TC but think there needs to be a 2.0b patch :D

EDIT: I reloaded and was fine.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 27. May 09, 18:04

delray wrote:Jump out right after undocking and NEVER come back.

Earth is like Aldrin... a broken sector.
Huh? What's wrong with Aldrin? Autopilot gets a bit confused with its vastness but other than that it is perfectly fine in 2.0. In fact I am actively colonizing it with complexes now. Lots of space and minerals and zero pirate/xenon activity.
With Torus you just need to make sure you DO NOT rely on auto-pilot there. Did I mention that auto pilot sucks? :)

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Thu, 28. May 09, 08:25

I was able to get the ship out at the end of the TC missions by doing it OOS.

However, I dislike the Earth sector because of the Deadlines.

Aldrin has free credits floating around, btw..... and I do like that sector, I like the fact that it is wide open. makes it easier to set the AP and go get a sandwich. :D

SLeeZeCoRe
x3tc

Post by SLeeZeCoRe » Thu, 28. May 09, 12:24

Now I'm half way through the first Argon missions, are they supposed to be identical to the Terran missions, its insanely dull doing it all again :?

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Thu, 28. May 09, 13:17

SLeeZeCoRe wrote:Now I'm half way through the first Argon missions, are they supposed to be identical to the Terran missions, its insanely dull doing it all again :?
What Argon missions? There are no Argon missions AFAIK

SLeeZeCoRe
x3tc

Post by SLeeZeCoRe » Thu, 28. May 09, 14:47

vbruzual wrote:
SLeeZeCoRe wrote:Now I'm half way through the first Argon missions, are they supposed to be identical to the Terran missions, its insanely dull doing it all again :?
What Argon missions? There are no Argon missions AFAIK
The Second start, I did the first one.

Your supposed to be an Argon working for the Terrans, but everything so far is the same (except for taking a mission from your previous character), they even talk to you the same!

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Thu, 28. May 09, 14:57

I think you are mixing starting conditions with plot missions. Starting conditions (Argon Patriot, Terran Defender, Boring Boron, etc.) only determine the initial ships, credits, locations and race relations. All of them (with excecptions) allow making the plot missions, which are:

* Terran Conflict
* Final Fury
* Goners
* Hub / PHQ
* Aldrin

SLeeZeCoRe
x3tc

Post by SLeeZeCoRe » Thu, 28. May 09, 16:26

edit:

Ah I see it now, I haven't finished, its just taking a really long time to getr back to me with more missions.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 28. May 09, 19:03

If you've returned the dignitaries to Earth then there ARE no more missions in the Terran plot--or is it some other plot you're talking about?

SLeeZeCoRe
x3tc

Post by SLeeZeCoRe » Thu, 28. May 09, 19:41

Nah I was lead to believe that the way the plot was done was different to the older games and that each start told a seperate piece.

I've done the dignitary mission and I was told to 'wait' and in the log it says find some guy with a japanese name for more missions. I've been blowing stuff up left right and centre but nothing so far, how long does the trigger take?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 29. May 09, 07:45

SLeeZeCoRe wrote:Nah I was lead to believe that the way the plot was done was different to the older games and that each start told a seperate piece.
You were led to believe wrong. You can play the same plots in any start (apart from the ones where they are disabled, such as Aldrin Adventurer)--the only starts that have their own mini-plots are Tormented Teladi and Poisoned Paranid, and those both take the form of a single "get X money in time Y for nice ship Z" mission at the beginning of each. What I said earlier is true--if you've returned the dignitaries to Earth then you've finished the Terran missions, so there is nothing else to trigger!

SLeeZeCoRe
x3tc

Post by SLeeZeCoRe » Fri, 29. May 09, 13:09

So why haven't I don't anything on the walkthrough apricot slice wrote.

Xenon hub, goners etc I haven't done any of that. I did the DECA mission, then took the aldrin dudes to earth and now its about 3 weeks ingame and nothing?

I doubt TC was ment to have a plot that I finished in 24 hours.

Cactus-Soup
x3tc

Post by Cactus-Soup » Fri, 29. May 09, 13:27

All the plots have different requirements (However they can all be done on a single character providing it is "Storyline : Enabled").

Here are the requirements:
http://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/faq_ ... 648f07a4e9

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 29. May 09, 15:18

SLeeZeCoRe wrote:So why haven't I don't anything on the walkthrough apricot slice wrote.

Xenon hub, goners etc I haven't done any of that. I did the DECA mission, then took the aldrin dudes to earth and now its about 3 weeks ingame and nothing?
Because those are all different plots that have nothing to do with the Terran one. Xenon Hub is Boron, Goner plot is Goner (well duh!), Operation Final Fury is Argon; they all have their particular way of getting started that has nothing to do with the Terrans at all.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”