Invisible and longer range satellites ?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sesk
x4

Invisible and longer range satellites ?

Post by Sesk » Thu, 28. May 09, 10:26

I was wondering if it was possible to extend the range that is scanned by a satellite, or extend the range that is scanned by the Triplex Scanner that is used by the satellite.

And also I'dd like to make satellites invisible/cloaked so I can drop them in hostile sectors and not risk losing my intel feed.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Thu, 28. May 09, 11:10

part of that (the increased signal) you can find as an optional and indepndent script in the Combat Mod thread (called Signal Boost)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 28. May 09, 11:19

The range of the scanners is changeable, but I forget where.

Check the mods and scripts list in R forum, I'm pretty sure it was done.

CraterFace

Post by CraterFace » Thu, 28. May 09, 11:55

Look in 04.cat/dat for "types/Globals.txt" for scanner range there is some values at the beginning
"Various empirical models (intelligent approximations based on intuition, guesswork, and fiddling adjustable constants)."

Gazz
x4

Re: Invisible and longer range satellites ?

Post by Gazz » Thu, 28. May 09, 12:15

Sesk wrote:And also I'dd like to make satellites invisible/cloaked so I can drop them in hostile sectors and not risk losing my intel feed.
Possible but then they won't show you what they see.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Re: Invisible and longer range satellites ?

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Fri, 29. May 09, 01:43

Gazz wrote:
Sesk wrote:And also I'dd like to make satellites invisible/cloaked so I can drop them in hostile sectors and not risk losing my intel feed.
Possible but then they won't show you what they see.
unless they monitor if the player is looking at the sector and uncloak then? As I recall the refresh rate for remotely viewed sectors is different than for other OOS...unless that to has changed in TC :p

Sesk
x4

Post by Sesk » Fri, 29. May 09, 19:56

I checked other scripts and there doesn't seem to have a way to make ships ignored by the NPCs, has anyone found a work around that doesn't disable the ship ?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”