[X3:TC] What's the right command for a wingman to be a wingman?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

eddieg
x4

[X3:TC] What's the right command for a wingman to be a wingman?

Post by eddieg » Sun, 31. May 09, 00:59

I just reached the point where I now have my wingman fighter flying with me. I want him/her to follow me, attack when I attack, and obviously try to protect me if I get attacked but if I am running away, to follow.

Is the right command "Follow me" ? Or the wingman protect me command? Or another?

Rott

Post by Rott » Sun, 31. May 09, 01:17

wish i knew because my wingmen just die and dont follow directions

Frostynso

Post by Frostynso » Sun, 31. May 09, 04:32

Just use the hotkeys. I believe it's protect me, and something else.

Pisces1

Post by Pisces1 » Sun, 31. May 09, 06:54

Under the command console set wingman to be "yes". They will then take the commands, protect me and attack target via the hotkeys. Generally the AI aren't very intelligent and will probably continue attacking the target when you use the "protect me" command, or they will be destroyed through lack of strafing. But they can be VERY VERY effective if used properally.

My main 3 tips are 1. Max their steering but not their engines, this will save them crashing into things. 2. Pincer manoeuvre works, if the enemy is chasing you, lead it away and lead your wingmen take the first shots; if the target is chasing your wingmen, take the first shots yourself. If your flying a TS and realise that the M7 is chasing your wingman, not you, send your wingman off in the other direction, letting you slip past!! 3. Don't fly with wingmen in personal trips, they will likely crash into you if you have them following you 24/7.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”