[TC] Spaceflies collection

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

farmerboy
x3tc

Spaceflies collection

Post by farmerboy » Sun, 31. May 09, 17:03

I have a ship with a spacefly collector. I have found plenty of spaceflies buzzing about in certain sectors especially in unfocused jumpdrive sectors.

My question is how to get them into your cargo bay. It has me completely stumped. No doubt i'm missing something obvious but please put me out of my misery!

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sun, 31. May 09, 17:04

I've not tried in TC, but see this X2 FAQ article.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sun, 31. May 09, 18:16

Yes you need ID (use only one) but only 'buzz' for a split (haha) of a second so they don't get killed. You have to be fast because they 'regenerate' after some time and fly away but you can buzz another time. After a few shots they die because IDs do some damage too.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Sun, 31. May 09, 18:34

There should be a mission somewhere in one of the plots requiring you to hunt down a particular spacefly. This way we would all learn how to capture them and also would spend some quality time with wildlife.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sun, 31. May 09, 18:52

They have to be hunted because they are agressive...
They 'attack' you if you are in a big ship in an empty sector while waiting via seta and giving commands to speed things up...
They interupt seta (wich is really anoying) by colliding with your ship (dumb flies).
In the Unknown sector at the lower right corner of the universe (except some Khaak sector) they are like a pleague ^^
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”