X-Tended - Terran Conflict (XTC)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Aragon Speed
x4

Post by Aragon Speed » Wed, 3. Jun 09, 17:51

Performance is one of the major things we have been keeping in mind. We hired a cyber-ninja to fix it. ^^

For anyone who would like a performance boost and doesn't mind a very minor drop in their GFX looks (and I mean minor, you don't really notice it unless you look really hard), replace the shaders by dropping the old X3R ones in. ;)

And before anyone asks, no we are not doing that in XTC. :)

There are actually less jobs in TC than we had in XTM, so the performance problem is elsewhere in TC. I'm not saying that extra jobs don't give a performance hit, but that they are not the biggest factor to bad performance in TC.
Last edited by Aragon Speed on Wed, 3. Jun 09, 18:01, edited 2 times in total.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Wed, 3. Jun 09, 17:52

another big issue of TC fixed.... great! :D
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

dalin80
x3tc

First news from XTM TC!

Post by dalin80 » Thu, 4. Jun 09, 08:58

Note: asides from being a fan i have nothing to do with the XTM devs, so why am i posting this? well truth is i have took more then a few unfair digs at the team recently and believed that it was a long dead mod.

anyways-

http://www.thexuniverse.com/forum/showt ... hp?t=16290

news and screenies!

please join the discussions at xuniverse.

:)
Pilot of the Purple Elephant

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Thu, 4. Jun 09, 09:14

Already posted here, 1st page of the forum.
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 4. Jun 09, 10:03

Indeed. [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url] No 12. Merge.

vidar.mk
x3

Post by vidar.mk » Thu, 4. Jun 09, 11:29

The first "in-mod" mission, i think, will be "Bug hunting" for cool scripters (like ULiX) only :fg:
Also hope, Markus Pohl or/and Alexander Preuss or/and Christian Vogel gived the XTM team any lessons about modelling and texture mapping.

Aragon Speed
x4

Post by Aragon Speed » Thu, 4. Jun 09, 12:27

vidar.mk wrote:The first "in-mod" mission, i think, will be "Bug hunting" for cool scripters (like ULiX) only :fg:
Also hope, Markus Pohl or/and Alexander Preuss or/and Christian Vogel gived the XTM team any lessons about modelling and texture mapping.
If you can't be nice, begone.

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 13:46

Hmm, just thought of something - you have hinted that the XTC will use a new gamestart (perhaps i'm off on this one), but will we be able to play through the vanilla plots?

Aragon Speed
x4

Post by Aragon Speed » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 13:49

X2-Eliah wrote:Hmm, just thought of something - you have hinted that the XTC will use a new gamestart (perhaps i'm off on this one), but will we be able to play through the vanilla plots?
No. For reasons we don't wish to disclose atm. ;)

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 13:53

No. For reason we don't wish to disclose atm.
are the new plots better (gameplay, immersion, whatever) than Vanilla ones? (in your opinion)

'cause I'm pretty bored by Vanilla Plots...
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

spacefueladdict
x3tc

Post by spacefueladdict » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 14:01

someone else wrote:
are the new plots better (gameplay, immersion, whatever) than Vanilla ones? (in your opinion)

Click on this link and read the story here, i think that it's what one of the missions or plots is based on. :mrgreen:

http://www.thexuniverse.com/forum/showt ... hp?t=16004

After reading this i was hooked. 8)
Last edited by spacefueladdict on Fri, 5. Jun 09, 14:13, edited 1 time in total.

Aragon Speed
x4

Post by Aragon Speed » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 14:02

someone else wrote:

Aragon Speed wrote:That concludes what we're willing to release in terms of information just now.
:P

stemardue
x3tc

Post by stemardue » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 15:19

I'd just like to add that many minds are at work on the mod, even on much smaller details than storyline, balancing and so on ;)

And to break the tension I kindly invite you to enjoy a new hit...

(Ever thought our good old Betty could do that?)

>> hit this!

Aydan

Post by Aydan » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 20:28

@stemardue:
Brilliant! I love it :lol:

I'm curious about the rest of your work and if it will find a way into the mod ;)

vidar.mk
x3

Post by vidar.mk » Sat, 6. Jun 09, 11:01

Aragon Speed wrote:
vidar.mk wrote:The first "in-mod" mission, i think, will be "Bug hunting" for cool scripters (like ULiX) only :fg:
If you can't be nice, begone.
Realy? :lol:

Ok, if my begoning process will help you to create again any new possibilites in X-universe, finish the goners` plot and write your scripts correctly such as 0.7.3. and high, i`m already "being processing".

Aragon Speed
x4

Post by Aragon Speed » Sat, 6. Jun 09, 11:18

vidar.mk wrote:write your scripts correctly
The scripts for XTC are being designed with 'Large and Complex Mod' in mind from the beginning - Unlike XTM which grew quicker than anyone expected from humble beginnings.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 6. Jun 09, 12:25

construcutive criticism is fine around here, blatant deragotary comments (which unless i'm losing something in the language here vidar.mk) you appear to be pointing towards will bring you only pain and suffering if I see more.

XTM did have bugs but as someone who actually writes code will know, for what was made the achievements were immense for volunteers.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Sat, 6. Jun 09, 13:05

LV wrote:...blatant deragotary comments you appear to be pointing towards will bring you only pain and suffering if I see more...
You're indeed as scary as Darth Vader you know :P

:lol:

Deman
x3tc

Post by Deman » Sat, 6. Jun 09, 15:47

Looking forward to it, been following your progress and lurking ont he XTM site for a few months reading your story tidbits :)
Riot Games eSports Broadcaster - http://www.twitter.com/RiotDeman

Street21309
x3tc

Post by Street21309 » Sat, 6. Jun 09, 18:52

All I can say is Im happy about this news. I participated in some of the internal beta testing for the Reunion XTM so hopefully when the time is right Id like to participate in it again (Hopefully have a computer that can run full graphics instead of Reunion shaders in all low settings). I know this date is a long ways away but Id just like to show my interest and support to the XTC Team as early as possible.

Good luck with the project guys, looking forward to more ^_^
Freespace X3TC Mini-Mod
[ external image ]

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”