[X3TC] Satellite network bug + mobile mining quirks

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sabrehawk
xr

[X3TC] Satellite network bug + mobile mining quirks

Post by sabrehawk » Wed, 3. Jun 09, 19:11

I just started doing a sat network in TC vanilla, and after placing the first sat it keeps deploying 2 sats per sector on the same spot....which has quite a financial impcat in early game ..why does he do that? I have V2 + aldrin.

edit: it even keeps deploying more and more sats on top of the others...argh

and i cant find a command to retrieve them again either...like in x3 R

the ship used for it is a fully upgraded toucan

this bug shouldve been fixed ages ago according to patch history....

Also mobile mining is a pain in the butt ..command mine minerals does nothing...ship moves to a sector sits there and cancels all commands and sends no message about problem either. Collect rocks works, mine and trade minerals acts weird too. Mobile Drilling System or Pac weapon doesnt make a difference either. Used a mercury for that since i have no access to split caiman due to rep. Also the caiman miner is not avail at all in the places they used to be?

This is all a major pain for someone trying to get a game going...

I have not installed a single extra script ever in this installation..so it
cant be conflicts.

{split from ancient thread - Carlo}

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 3. Jun 09, 20:26

I haven't seen the satellite bug since the patch. Is this a new 2.0 game or one that was started in an earlier version? One thing that still happens, though, is if you give the deploy network command more than once, and give it different coordinates to place the sats, the latest command will still put satellites in a sector where one already exists in a different location.

I think the devs made a choice here, to allow multiple satellites. This allows the player to blanket a sector by giving different coordinates each time. Otherwise, you'd have to manually lay all but the first one.

As for the mobile mining issue, check out this ongoing discussion. It may prove useful.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

sabrehawk
xr

Post by sabrehawk » Wed, 3. Jun 09, 21:28

well all i did was standard procedure...select command select location to start and go ....first one is deployed normally and then the havoc starts.

Game was latest 2.x version when i first started a game.

It wouldnt be such a drag if they would deploy the sats evenly around a sector but no the script tosses out 2 at the same time, goes to next sector , does another 2 until hes empty, then he restocks, and deploys a 3rd on top of the 2 already present..etc etc

Also he completely ignores sectors next to him instead he goes straight back from omicron lyrae to elysium of light and then into terran sectors.

Doesnt seem to use jumpdrive either although its installed and cells are present. I remember in x3 R it would use it at least for restock.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 3. Jun 09, 21:55

Sounds like something's awry to me - try re-installing (and re-patching, if need be).

sabrehawk
xr

Post by sabrehawk » Tue, 9. Jun 09, 21:34

problem fixed. game version wasnt properly patched.

btw can someone point me to a scrip that allows me to PICK UP a satellite remotely like in x3 R ?

Seleucius
x3tc

Post by Seleucius » Tue, 9. Jun 09, 23:20

sabrehawk wrote:btw can someone point me to a scrip that allows me to PICK UP a satellite remotely like in x3 R ?
If I remember correctly, that was more of a smoke-and-mirrors script that simply destroyed the satellite and added one to the ship's cargo bay. Of course I can't remember the name of it or anything to see if there was work done for TC, sorry. :oops:

I'm not familiar with them, but would apricotslice's beam scripts help?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”