Starburst Shockwave Cannon

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

brekehan
x4

Starburst Shockwave Cannon

Post by brekehan » Thu, 4. Jun 09, 17:36

Got one from a Xenon.
What's it? Who can wear it?
To understand recursion you must first understand recursion.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Thu, 4. Jun 09, 17:37

Terran flak gun
Terrans.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Thu, 4. Jun 09, 17:39

It's Terran version of FAA, great anti-fighter weapon mounted on Terran and Xenon capital ships.

It's shooting icecream. :-)

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Thu, 4. Jun 09, 17:40

Gun. Terran/Xenon ships.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Thu, 4. Jun 09, 18:23

Who can wear it? No-one, those it would be funny if they could... :P

I always thought a mod with external marine weapons would be hilarious... maybe a Spartan, with a Spartan laser:

'Keep the shields down, no wait, I'll do it myself!'
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

SLeeZeCoRe
x3tc

Post by SLeeZeCoRe » Thu, 4. Jun 09, 20:33

EmperorJon wrote:Who can wear it? No-one, those it would be funny if they could... :P

I always thought a mod with external marine weapons would be hilarious... maybe a Spartan, with a Spartan laser:

'Keep the shields down, no wait, I'll do it myself!'
Off topic...

I once had a star trek dream :oops: The Defiant was bust up so the crew all space walked onto the hull and started firing on a Cardassian warship with phaser rifles.

They lost :lol:

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 12:48

Along with the IBL this is one the most elusive guns in the game. no factories build it so if you see one, grab it immediately for later use.

You can test how it works by buying a springblossom and equiping it with the less powerfull experimental version. this gun is bad news and its pretty much spingblossoms best attack vs. M5 ships.
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 13:05

There are Starburst Shockwave Cannon forges in Terran space, and if you do the Aldrin Mission plots you can even build your own.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 13:47

All you need is one and some cloning skills.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 13:58

delray wrote:All you need is one and some cloning skills.
Cloning is an expensive option. I did it when I was having a lot of trouble finding some sheilds once (hadn't explored much back then), but the really high cost put me off from doing it again.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 14:16

mrbadger wrote:Cloning is an expensive option. I did it when I was having a lot of trouble finding some sheilds once (hadn't explored much back then), but the really high cost put me off from doing it again.
Not really. I just learnt recently another technique to cloning any number of weapons with only buying two ships.

Lord of Nothing
x3tc

Post by Lord of Nothing » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 16:40

vbruzual wrote:
mrbadger wrote:Cloning is an expensive option. I did it when I was having a lot of trouble finding some sheilds once (hadn't explored much back then), but the really high cost put me off from doing it again.
Not really. I just learnt recently another technique to cloning any number of weapons with only buying two ships.
Do tell... :twisted:
Skirnir. No counter-argument possible.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”