Interesting Graphic Bug

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Mithril Prime
x3

Interesting Graphic Bug

Post by Mithril Prime » Thu, 4. Jun 09, 21:07

Hey all, just thought I'd let you guys know that pretty much randomly, and for no apparent reason, X3 will load graphics not actually present in its game folder. It is, for some reason, loading random graphics from my desktop and other game folders present in steam. At one point, the background space texture was replaced with that of a cube from portal (though the planets remained present) and the menu was replaced with what I can only call while noise, some sub menu's worked fine, when I could find them. Other displayed white noise or stretched images. The 'quit' screen in particular was quite frustrating, displaying the image in my steam profile instead of the actual interface.

If you want any other information you'll have to tell me exactly how to provide it.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 4. Jun 09, 21:24

Hi, You will be asked for the info (game details / DxDiag including how to do) as outlined in the first post in this forum. Meantime, have a read of this thread as it seems to cover some similarities (especially page 4):
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=243477

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 4. Jun 09, 22:05

Yep, the very first thread in this forum tells you what information is needed and how to provide it.

Regarding your problem, my first guess would be a corrupt hard disk. My second guess would be a virus with a sense of humour!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”