[MOD] Shawn's Cockpit Mod v1.5 for X3TC feat. Weazel

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shawn
x3ap

[MOD] Shawn's Cockpit Mod v1.5 for X3TC feat. Weazel

Post by Shawn » Thu, 4. Jun 09, 22:03

[ external image ]

UPDATE June 04, 2009 - SHAWNS Cockpit Mod v1.5 feat. WEAZEL
Hi folks and welcome to our latest cockpit-mod! This modification based on the old Callback-Mod from Galaxy613 and on the works of Arkblade. So I have to say "Thank you guys!". Also - [e1337e.weazel] - for his great work with the 3D-scenes of the capital ship-bridges and for the implementation of dynamic displays for ship status, shields, speed and even video transmissions! You're a rockstar man! ;-)

Screenshots v1.5:
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
___M1, M2, M7, TL__|___M6, M8, TP, TS___|_____M3, M3+____|______M5, M4_____

Download links:

[ external image ]over red3sign sponsored by Laux - thanks a lot, Dude!

[ external image ]over Rapidshare.com

[ external image ](Old version 1.4 without the dynamic cockpit displays. - For the case you have graphic errors.)

Install / Deinstall:
Because of the latest X3TC-updates, we already have seven archive files in our X3TC-directory. So I renamed my Mod files into 08.cat and 08.dat (for safety reasons). To use the Mod, you have to copy both files in the X³ Terran Conflict game folder.

CAUTION! Please pay attention not to overwrite an old 8th archive!

To prevent this you can give both Mod files a file name with a higher number. For example 09.dat and 09.dat. Should no seven archives exist in your game folder, so you have to rename the Mod files again. But this time with a lower number in the file name.

The deinstallation of the Cockpit-Mod follows in a reverse way: Simply delete the both files (.cat and .dat). That's all!

HAVE FUN and watch out for the "Bridge Modul Manufacturing"-Mod! Click HERE for the trailer on [ external image ]

A cockpit-loving
Shawn
Last edited by Shawn on Fri, 5. Jun 09, 00:09, edited 1 time in total.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 4. Jun 09, 22:13

[borat voice] Very Niice![/BV]
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Thu, 4. Jun 09, 22:16

Holy cow! Is this finally a 100% working cockpit mod with all the bells and whistles on? :) Screens look incredible though!

Shawn
x3ap

Post by Shawn » Thu, 4. Jun 09, 22:27

xiriod wrote:Holy cow! Is this finally a 100% working cockpit mod with all the bells and whistles on? :) Screens look incredible though!
Hi!

Well, thanks for the enthusiasm xiriod, but it works not absolutely correct yet. We found out, that the OTAS Boreas has still no cockpit. It seems, that Egosoft didn't wrote this into the 'TShips'. Usually it wouldn't be a problem. - But I don't want change that special file, you know.

Bu I'm working on it. Promised! ;-)

A working
Shawn

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Thu, 4. Jun 09, 22:32

Shawn wrote: Hi!

Well, thanks for the enthusiasm xiriod, but it works not absolutely correct yet. We found out, that the OTAS Boreas has still no cockpit. It seems, that Egosoft didn't wrote this into the 'TShips'. Usually it wouldn't be a problem. - But I don't want change that special file, you know.

Bu I'm working on it. Promised! ;-)

A working
Shawn
That's ok, I think I can even do that myself :) As long as there are no CTD-bugs and static displays I am ecstatic! :D

DJSfinx
x3tc

Post by DJSfinx » Thu, 4. Jun 09, 22:45

Let me download this immediately while drooling over those screenshots... can't wait to see the cockpit of my Panther & Tigers :D

EDIT: Hmm, this doesn't exactly look like I hoped:

edit LV screen stretching pics unlinked

---
http://djsfinx.be/stuff/hmm.jpg

http://djsfinx.be/stuff/hmm2.jpg

--

What's with the stripes?

Videocard: ATI Radeon 4850HD, Catalyst driver at 9.3
Last edited by DJSfinx on Thu, 4. Jun 09, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.

Meltdown

Post by Meltdown » Thu, 4. Jun 09, 23:02

Great - I'll try it out right now :)
Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may die.

Shawn
x3ap

Post by Shawn » Thu, 4. Jun 09, 23:58

DJSfinx wrote:Let me download this immediately while drooling over those screenshots... can't wait to see the cockpit of my Panther & Tigers :D

EDIT: Hmm, this doesn't exactly look like I hoped:[...]
I see...

I'm afraid this depends on the dynamic displays. It is really very difficult to get these displays working. Obviously it will not work correctly. Well, I guess have to apologise. Maybe you can use the old Version 1.4 for the moment. It's without the dynamic displays, but also without these texture- and graphic-errors. Like I said, we are working on it. And again: I'm so sorry guys.

[ external image ](Old version 1.4 without the dynamic cockpit displays.)

Shame on me!
Shawn

Cuddly_Tomato
x3tc

Post by Cuddly_Tomato » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 00:15

I hate to nit-pick, as this is a superb mod, but the Heavy Osprey and Enhanced Kea are also missing cockpits, as well as a few of the Terran ships. Is there any chance of including them in at some point Shawn?

Meltdown

Post by Meltdown » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 00:23

The active damage displays look very weird for anyone who's using numerical/percentage indication (which I personally find a lot more informative than the segmented bars).

I'll stick to 1.4 for the time being. I still think you're doing a great job. :)
Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may die.

DJSfinx
x3tc

Post by DJSfinx » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 00:27

Shawn wrote: Shame on me!
Shawn
Nothing to be ashamed of, mate. A huge thanks for all the effort - I'll check the 1.4 version tomorrow!

-[e1337e.weazel]-
x3tc

Post by -[e1337e.weazel]- » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 14:51

At the moment we have troubles by using Background Mods togehter with Shawns CP Mod, it effects strange white stripes in the background , i´m gonna fixing it this weekend (so i hope)
***modified*** und stolz drauf
"Je dunkler der Keks, desto bunter die Seite!"
[ external image ]

Nekron
x3tc

Post by Nekron » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 15:13

Looks to be absolutely amazing. Cannot wait for the full release!

thunderai
x3tc

Post by thunderai » Sun, 7. Jun 09, 04:22

Can i get a version without the added splash screens?

DannyDSC
x4

Post by DannyDSC » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 10:37

this mod is very very cool

thanks shawn :)
The Indie Seeker - The Twitter Channel for your indiegames!

Ex Egosoft Translator/Currently writer for www.ilvideogioco.com

@IlVideogiococom is the ONLY italian website that offers full coverage to ALL #indiegames! Are you an #indiedev?
Feel free to follow and contact us on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram!

Tipp-Ex
x3tc

Post by Tipp-Ex » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 13:43

This is absolutely fantanstic!! No longer do I feel like I'm just strapped to the hull of my ship.

Excellent work :thumb_up:
Blackadder - what begins with 'come here' and ends with 'ouch'?

Baldrick - I dunno.

Blackadder - come here....

AntoineS
x3tc

Post by AntoineS » Tue, 9. Jun 09, 07:54

Love this MOD, my HCP cockpit is so cool now :). Only question i have is in the middle console u see the shields/Hull/Speed/MAP indicators, but compared to the rest of the cockpit the graphics do not fit in. Can u somehow replace those bars with digital information so it will flow more with the rest of the cockpit.

Regards,
Kensai

jacks_fuhrer
x3tc

Post by jacks_fuhrer » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 18:37

what about the compatibility with the new pactch 2.1?

shadowdef
x3tc

Post by shadowdef » Thu, 11. Jun 09, 09:18

Any chance you could upload this in a zip folder. I dont have the software downloaded on my comp to Open and extract the contents of a Rar.file type. Thanks in advance. :)

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Fri, 12. Jun 09, 03:55

looks nice

question- do those video displays you have inserted into the cockpit move with the player head as it pans around the cockpit, b/c that would be kind of weird, if the idea is to make it seem that the displays are part of that specific portion of the cockpit

thanks for your work
SeagateBarracuda320GB 7200 SATA
LIANLI PC-7B plus II MidTower
EVGA GeForce8800GTX 768MB
Intel Core2Duo E6600Conroe 2.4GHz
CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
WDRaptor 150GB 10,000 RPM
EVGAnforce SLI 680imobo

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”