[TC] my wingmen and support ships keep blowing themselves up

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sulobaid
x3tc

my wingmen and support ships keep blowing themselves up

Post by sulobaid » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 18:29

Hey, so every time i invest in a ship to be my wingman and to help with my combat situations it always ends up blowing itself up by ramming into jump gates or stations that im not even docked to. so far ive probably lost a couple million in ships and weaponry because they keep killing themselves. any solutions or suggestions to this?
thanks
sulo

apogee
x3tc

Post by apogee » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 18:58

Isn't this telling you something!

They will even fly into you and kill themselves in some instances. For this reason i can't be bothered with them.

I prefer not to use them, but that's a personal choice!

Get a ship you feel comfortable with, and that's up to scratch so that you can deal with the foe on your own.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Wingmen are a good combat multiplier.

Post by Bill Huntington » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 19:23

I found wingmen helpful for a good period, until I could afford or otherwise come by a Tiger or Springblossom. I did find that two wingmen were manageable, but when I tried 3, there were too many collisions. I saved the game often, and used salvage insurance. I even tried putting a few fighters in wings and that worked all right.

The best thing about wingmen is controlling them in combat with Shift - 6 and shift - 7. Wings take a little longer.

Add fighter drones and you can take down a lot of enemies.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”