[TC] docking with earth torus?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

EnoVation
x4

docking with earth torus?

Post by EnoVation » Sun, 7. Jun 09, 11:21

seriously how the hell do i dock with earth torus? i cant com them and request to dock and every time i use autopilot it takes me off course and lasertowers barbeque me!?!?!?!? i tried goin out of the sector and then using autopilot but still the crispy kebab result :( i managed it pre 2.0 (somehow) but i just cant do it now

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sun, 7. Jun 09, 11:26

your answer don't use auto-pilot in the Earth sector :) You can either dock manually or use a docking computer. For the second option fly straight forward until it insta-docs you. If Shift-D turns on auto-pilot, abort and keep going straight.

EnoVation
x4

Post by EnoVation » Sun, 7. Jun 09, 13:21

how do i dock manually because i cant com the station? i tried just flying into the ports to no avail

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sun, 7. Jun 09, 14:05

You can comm it once you're close enough - you start off outside comm range.

Cactus-Soup
x3tc

Post by Cactus-Soup » Sun, 7. Jun 09, 14:30

When you think about it, having a Trans-Orbital Accelerator all of 15Km away from the Torus is a fairly huge security hole...

But yeah, dock there at the end of the Terran plot for the "YOU'RE WINNER" thing then don't go near the sector again.

Shame really, it looks like Egosoft went to town on all the modelling there.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”