[TC] Suggestions for Tormented Teladi start

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ares23
x3tc

Suggestions for Tormented Teladi start

Post by Ares23 » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 19:41

How the hell do you make that much money in the time given?

Do you guys just do taxi missions all the time? Any suggestions would be helpful?

1muvwndr
xr

Post by 1muvwndr » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 19:57

The easiest way is to get an abandoned ship ASAP (the Skate Protoype or Eclipse Protoype are the best) and do combat missions. In fact you can make 10 times the money in the allotted time but keep in mind that your fight rank will raise quite a lot making some plot missions really hard to do.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 20:00

Since I don't play fair I tend to
Spoiler
Show
claim the nearby abandoned ships, sell some,
and then go on a capping spree!

M

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 20:01

Back before 2.0, I think quite a few people just worked for one race. Once they had enough money to do "build" missions and the money would come in fairly quickly. Two other ways could be selling capped ships from boarding ops and doing abandoned/return ship missions (return ships sold for a lot more than what you got for returning the ship).

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 20:48

I managed this post-2.0 without having to even sniff at an abandoned ship. Basically, I any type of mission I could until I could afford a TS, then started that off doing trade runs to increase my trade rank. Trade missions (like asteroid scans and taxi runs) depend on your trade rank, so the more you can increase that the better the payouts get. I did a few combat missions (after getting a decent M5 from a second-hand ship sale), but they weren't my major money earner by any means--too much risk if you don't have a decent ship.

Oh, one other thing: those second-hand ship sales I mentioned above are extremely good earners. You need to increase your race rank a bit by doing missions before you'll find them, but find a cheap M3 for sale, buy it, repair it using your suit's repair laser, and then sell it; you nearly have the money to finish the mission.

The other thing that occurs to me--if you're being advised to pick up an abandoned ship, there are some of those that are worth more than 2.25 million by themselves, so why not just grab them and sell them to make the money? I personally felt that was more cheesy than a barrel full of Wensleydale, but it's your game and you can play it the way you want.

Ares23
x3tc

Post by Ares23 » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 20:57

Thanks pjknibbs, forgot about the second hand ship sales. Haven't played for a few months. Decided to start over the game with a different start this time.

By the way, what is the special ship that I get back when I complete the mission? Is it worth it? Or is this start only good for unlocking the Paranid start?

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 21:00

You get an Enhanced Kea - possibly overtuned. Very good M3+ for a trader, large cargo bay and can be quite fast. Give it EBCs and you are laughing. Until you run out of ammo...

M

NUKLEAR-SLUG
x3tc

Post by NUKLEAR-SLUG » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 21:01

You get a Teladi Kea. A solid ship, but usually a bit slow, the one you get from the mission is overtuned by a random amount. Saving just before you collect it may net you a really high speed one with a few reloads if you're into that kind of thing.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”