[TC] Spaceflies, where are they?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kurush
x3tc

Spaceflies, where are they?

Post by kurush » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 19:43

I decided to try some spacefly hunting while HQ is busy with R/E and build tasks. I got myself an HCP equipped with a pair of IODs and a spacefly collector but now I need to find some spaceflies... Those things are nowhere to be found in my universe. Any ideas or hints? I have yet to see a single fly in a UFJD sector...

1muvwndr
xr

Post by 1muvwndr » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 19:54

UFJD, fly near an asteroid, fire a Hornet at it and wait a bit. If nothing happens move to the next roid. Sometimes, if you blast more roids at once, you can get literally swarmed by spaceflies.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 19:57

A sector with lots of asteroids, start breaking rocks and some may appear. In TC i've only encountered Spaceflies a few times, normally a just couple (2-4), though on a return trip to dock with a TL in CBSW I got buzzed by a horde of them (25-30), unfortunately a Kestral can't mount either and upon returning with a proper ship and equipment, they were long gone.

Bothersome
x3tc

Post by Bothersome » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 20:08

I've noticed a space fly infestation in most UFJD sectors.

I've not actually collected any yet but they get so thick they constantly bump the ship. You'd think you were under attack!
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Tue, 9. Jun 09, 02:47

1muvwndr wrote:UFJD, fly near an asteroid, fire a Hornet at it and wait a bit. If nothing happens move to the next roid. Sometimes, if you blast more roids at once, you can get literally swarmed by spaceflies.
Now, this is what I was trying to do for last couple of days with no success. How close do you need to be to the roid? I tried from 9km to 4-5 km and no spaceflies. I think I cleared 5-6 UFJD sectors of roids completely by now. May be I am missing something and just don't see them for some reason? I usually buzz IOD a couple of times after each roid but it does not connect with anything. In X3:R I remember it drawing arks from one fly to another...

1muvwndr
xr

Post by 1muvwndr » Tue, 9. Jun 09, 06:46

Have you waited a couple of minutes before moving away from the roid? Or moving to the spot where the destroyed roid was and waiting there a bit? Maybe you should destroy the smaller pieces too a bit.
I've seen the most spaceflies when I was farming Nividium with a TL. After collecting some 300-400 I stoppped for shield recharge and was managing my fleet. After some time they appeared all around me.

PegasusJF
x3tc

Post by PegasusJF » Tue, 9. Jun 09, 10:22

They were easy to spot in X2, man I miss seeing them. I'm not one to collect them, but they added some spice to the game.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”