[TC] Experimental Electro-Magnetic Plasma Cannon

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Holy Hat Jack

Experimental Electro-Magnetic Plasma Cannon

Post by Holy Hat Jack » Tue, 9. Jun 09, 17:18

Where and how do i get these, i have a spitfyre with no weapons (as much use as a glass hammer) do i have to just build up my rep, and is my fighting rep or trading rep that is required. Help!

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Tue, 9. Jun 09, 17:24

You get EEMPCs the same place you bought the Spitfyre. Aldrin. Just look at the Unknown stations or the one single EEMPC factory

Holy Hat Jack

Post by Holy Hat Jack » Tue, 9. Jun 09, 17:40

Ta, people

JeffreyW75
x4

Post by JeffreyW75 » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 16:51

I can't find an EEMPC factory in Aldrin. I have sent my ships to map the sector a few times, and found lots of stations. But none that sell the EEMPC. And no other stations are stocked with the EEMPC. I have finished the Aldrin missions, but I don't see any place that sells an EEMPC factory so I can make my own. Suggestions anyone? Thanks.
Jeff

Holy Hat Jack

Post by Holy Hat Jack » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 11:44

Unfortunately they only seem to make a couple at a time and infrequently too. So the only way I have found is to park a ship permanently at the 'Unknown Station' and check in on it from time to time.

Hope this helps...

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 12:32

JeffreyW75 wrote:I can't find an EEMPC factory in Aldrin.
It may have been deleted by GoD. I think mine was, because I recall seeing it on first exploring Aldrin, but now it's nowhere to be found.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

JeffreyW75
x4

Post by JeffreyW75 » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 14:42

I think mine was deleted. I don't see anyone that makes them in Aldrin or elsewhere. Sounds like a fix for the next patch.
Jeff

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 17:07

I thought the Aldrin EEMPC Forge was patched in at Patch 2.0. It is a pity we can't somehow run that patch start-up script again keeping our 2.1 savegames without losing vanilla. I recall in X3R one of the patches had a continuing check that if no Tractor Beam Fab exists then spawn one. It's a shame the 2.0 patch fix was not like that for EEMPC Forge and Aldrin.

JeffreyW75
x4

Post by JeffreyW75 » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 20:06

Do you think we need to post this as a suggested fix in the developer's forum or something?
Jeff

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 21:37

You could indeed if you have access. I'm still vanilla and I don't want to know too much about what is in the pipeline until things are actually released for vanilla!

JeffreyW75
x4

Post by JeffreyW75 » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 22:20

You don't have to modify your game to report glitches/etc. to the developer's forum. I think you just need to be user level 3 (see your profile). Then you just click on that link under forums and find the right category. I will try to do it sometime soon--I have reported another problems that fixed in a past patch.
Jeff

druid62
x3tc

Post by druid62 » Thu, 30. Jul 09, 09:15

you need to EXPLORE people i just bought 20 eempc for my spitfyres. only one eempc factory but 3 unkown (equip docks) and found two Weapon factorys. filled up my Herculies with Polos and spectre missiles. Fond them on Western side of the BIG ROCK

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 30. Jul 09, 11:09

@ Druid62: We know all that, but if you read the posts above you will see that for some people GOD has already taken away the EEMPC forge given in 2.0 and those other two weapon factories do not make EEMPC. If no-one is making them then those 3 Unknown Station depots will very quickly and permanently run out. That is the issue.

JeffreyW75
x4

Post by JeffreyW75 » Thu, 30. Jul 09, 14:51

Right, Alan. I have EEMPC's from when I first arrived and the sector was producing them. I thoroughly explored Aldrin when I first arrived a long time ago. And I have lots of ships and Sector traders there now, as well as my own equipment dock (to refill large ships in the sector). But the EEMPC's have left since then.

So, the people here at least, have explored.
Jeff

Flozem
x3tc

Post by Flozem » Thu, 30. Jul 09, 19:25

Anyone know at which coordinates the EEMPC fab is usually located? Or is it random. Last time I checked - had Aldrin explored by several shis - I only found 1 weapon fab, two unknown stations and a couple of resource stations west of Aldrin... :shock:

Unknown station all three aren't carryin any more EEMPC on stock.

JeffreyW75
x4

Post by JeffreyW75 » Thu, 30. Jul 09, 19:38

I think someone in another post said that the locations were random. I don't remember where mine was at--I took it for granted it would always be there, pumping out EEMPC's. I do have some in some ships, so I can clone them, thank goodness. But I prefer to have it running smoothly.
Jeff

unwantedrambo
x3tc

Post by unwantedrambo » Fri, 4. Jun 10, 23:37

i cant find the EEMPC Forge where is it normally because aldrin is a BIG sector so its like looking for a needle in a coal mine. please PM me back.

foszae
x4

Post by foszae » Sat, 5. Jun 10, 00:42

for one thing, i don't think there is a "normal" place for it. i think the default is that there isn't even one.

the way i found one in Aldrin might help you though. i sent a TS with Commodity Logistics 2 to Aldrin. then in the CL2 software, i used the "Generate Waypoints" setting and told it to buy at max price within three jumps. whatever, those settings don't matter. but, what it did was revealed an EEMPC forge i didn't know about, another 75km away from the nearest station my explorer had discovered. added it automatically to the list without me having to find it.

bonus: it means that you've got a dedicated buyer sitting there, so you don't have to check. my CL2 buyer scoops them up as soon as they're made and drops them in a TL i have there for buying/transporting Spitfyres

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Sat, 5. Jun 10, 00:53

One posibility is to cap an Aldrin ship with the weapons aboard, then try to clone them.
The other is to try and bump up the Aldrin economy and hope GoD respawns the forges

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”