Quick Questions (POSSIBLE SPOILER)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

vuohi
x4

Quick Questions (POSSIBLE SPOILER)

Post by vuohi » Thu, 12. Feb 04, 03:21

First off, I really really liek this game... :wink:

now having said that i have a few questions.

1) Is there a minimum rating you need to place a mine? I have a sillicon mine on the 26'er just south of kingdoms end, but when I tried to place an ore on the 21 next to it, it wouldn't deploy. :cry:

2) which leads me to my next question. I had quite a bit of cash set up and purchased 3 stations at once in Argon Prime. But, when I tried the same trick in the sector just south of Kingoms End the only one that would place was the plankton factory. The two other mines I was carrying wouldn't deploy anywhere. I went all the way to Red Light and finnaly dismissed the Orca. What gives??? :cry:

3) Is the Police liscences one time things or upgrades? When purchasing them It shows upgrades but when I pull up my personal details its lists quantity of one... And i thought i already bought an Argon one, but when I went back to check it wasn't there... Maybe the nut behind the keyboard??? :?

anyway great game. i've spent WAAAAAAAy to much time on it already and I cannot see it ending anytime soon :wink:

Vuohi Opettaja

brucebia
x2

Post by brucebia » Thu, 12. Feb 04, 04:50

There is no minimum rating for establishing a factory.
You must get the TL carrying it close enough to the asteroid that you wish to deploy it on. Whe you comm with the TK's captain and tell him to drop the factory it will give you a selection of asteroids that are available. The one you choose must be in the yello Box showing the permited drop area.

Police licences can be lost if you fire on a ship belonging to the license race. This happens a lot by accident during fire fights.

I have no idea as to why you can not deploy all your factories in Three Worlds. It would help to know which software you are running UK or US.

DevWar
x2

Post by DevWar » Thu, 12. Feb 04, 11:05

All the TL's from the various races all have differnt cargo capacities and all the stations are different sizes, so sometimes you may only be able to fit one station into some of the TL's and other times more. All this relates to which ship you have trying to transport and the station types you are trying to load on board.

Do i make sense???? Im a tad tired... :roll:

:twisted: DevWar :twisted:
Some days you just have to accept your the pigeon and other days your the statue.

vuohi
x4

Post by vuohi » Thu, 12. Feb 04, 20:41

Thanks for your responses...

I'm running the US version patched to 1.2

yeah I brought the TL right next to the asteroid. and it wouldnt deploy. I thought it might be too close, so I had it move a little farther out but still within the yellow box. I tried both the sillicon mine I had loaded and the ore mine. Neither one would work... Obviously only the ore goes on ore and sillicon goes on sillicon, but hey it wasn't workin. I then went all the way to red light trying every asteroid. no dice.

I figured it was something I was missing. Thats where I thought it must be the asteroid must be of X value. I had previously deployed a silicon mine on the 26er in Third World without a problem. It was deployed with that same TL (the one outta Kingdoms End), but the sillicon mine was the only load on it.

Thanks for the information about the police liscences... guess I oughta be more careful where I shoot. :wink:

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Thu, 12. Feb 04, 20:44

One thing to watch is exactly where the TL is in relation to thefactory. When you tell it where to go, dont forget to invert the axis so you can position is correctly in all 3 dimensions.

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 12. Feb 04, 20:49

How close are you to the asteroid. In previous versions, some people were getting trapped inside their mines when they were deployed because they were too close. I think patch 1.2 fixed it by not letting the mines deploy if the player's ship is too close to the asteroid. Stay well away from the asteroid during deployment. You can be anywhere in the sector within sensor range.

Also, I may be mistaken, but I read somewhere on this forum that you can't deploy a mine on the very small asteroids.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

vuohi
x4

Post by vuohi » Thu, 12. Feb 04, 21:14

hmmm...

my ship was always pretty close to the deploy location. maybe that was it...

I always figured it was the nut behind the wheel... :D

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 12. Feb 04, 21:48

vuohi wrote:Thanks for your responses...

I'm running the US version patched to 1.2

yeah I brought the TL right next to the asteroid. and it wouldnt deploy. I thought it might be too close, so I had it move a little farther out but still within the yellow box. I tried both the sillicon mine I had loaded and the ore mine. Neither one would work... Obviously only the ore goes on ore and sillicon goes on sillicon, but hey it wasn't workin. I then went all the way to red light trying every asteroid. no dice.

I figured it was something I was missing. Thats where I thought it must be the asteroid must be of X value. I had previously deployed a silicon mine on the 26er in Third World without a problem. It was deployed with that same TL (the one outta Kingdoms End), but the sillicon mine was the only load on it.

Thanks for the information about the police liscences... guess I oughta be more careful where I shoot. :wink:
For asteroids that are way off the Ecliptic plane, the mines will not be deployed. You can do 2 things:

You can tell the TL to follow you, then fly towards the asteroids, and go beyond it. Stop and tell your TL to deploy it. This is somewhat risky as the TL pilots are all drunk due to low pay, and will run into the roids.

- You can use the Move to location command, then hit INSERT key to reverse the Z-axis. Then you can ask the TL to move close to the asteroid.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”