[TC] Frag Bombing Corvettes

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ndp183

Frag Bombing Corvettes

Post by ndp183 » Fri, 12. Jun 09, 20:28

I've been having trouble with missions lately due to the Corvettes showing up, and I hate the flying $$ that missiles represent so early in the game, I'm only flying a Xenon L atm and only have about 2 mil. I know I need to get my economy going, no worries.

But a Frag bomb launcher dropped early in the game, and I've been trying to figure out how to use it. I face the M6 at about 2.5k and start firing, as soon as I hit 2k I break off and go back to distance.

If I can catch them in a salvo it seems to take a nice chunk out of them. I watch them in the target monitor to see if I'm firing from the right distance. Staying at 2k plus keeps my ship pretty dent free.

Anyone else tried this? I wonder what would happen if I had multiple of these mounted instead of just one?

Due to scarce money and bad luck on drops I am currently mounting 2x PAC, 3x PRG, and 1x FBL. Gotta get creative with a weak-sister loadout like that, and with all the HEPT facts out of stock.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Fri, 12. Jun 09, 20:45

FBL is broken, it almost never hits so you should sell it and get some other guns.

L is one of the worst M3s in the game, you should get rid of it as soon as possible.

Get a fighter that can fire EBCs instead, nothing (in fighter world) kills corvettes faster than 8x EBC.

My advice: Nova Raider with 6x EBC and 2x PBG up front and a PRG missile defence turret or similar Chimera/Tenjin/Skate/Medusa. If you can't get PBG, get PBE or PRG instead.
Where is it?

ndp183

Post by ndp183 » Fri, 12. Jun 09, 21:15

Well I've been consistently hitting M6s with it. And that is what this post is about. Sorry if I was unclear.

SLeeZeCoRe
x3tc

Post by SLeeZeCoRe » Fri, 12. Jun 09, 21:20

Yeah I like FBL's its like a shotgun, sort of aim, and hit everyone :lol:

Cactus-Soup
x3tc

Post by Cactus-Soup » Fri, 12. Jun 09, 21:28

The main problem is that it only works as a front gun, meaning it's useless on all turreted ships and to be fair there's more exciting weapons you could be firing.

ndp183

Post by ndp183 » Fri, 12. Jun 09, 21:46

Yea I am very early in the game in TC (3-4 hours, terran start). I don't have money, income, or stores to outfit any better atm. In fact I'm debating starting some miners or sector traders and going ahead with the terran plot (I'm at the teladanium delivery mission) - as I hear I will get an M6 of my own if I can get far enough.

It just so happens I capped an L and got a FBL drop so I wanted to play around.

I just think the FBL would make an interesting long-distance finesse weapon vs. the M6 seeing as how I am under-gunned and under-shipped for the time being. I will pick up a few more FBLs at some point and test out my M6 Flak Death tactic a little more. Just for fun.

Just to be clear, I went bankrupt assassin in X3:R and became master of the universe. I'm not looking to win the game in the first couple days, just having some fun and thinking outside the box.

So no one has used the FBL en masse to any effect? Maybe I am barking up the wrong tree, but hey its fun to mess around. I'm still thinking a nice hit with 6xFBL would make a mess, and to me the screwing around is worth it just to try something different.

Hitman xXx

Post by Hitman xXx » Fri, 12. Jun 09, 23:48

Keep playing the terran plot they give u many small ships that u can strip the weps off and sell the ships and outfit your curret and new ships to come with those weps

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”