X3R - Tips on raising Boron Reputation

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

palenaka
x3tc

X3R - Tips on raising Boron Reputation

Post by palenaka » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 18:45

I really want a Ray :)

I have 400mil in my main account, 4 complexes churning out credits, mostly from space fuel. 20 UT running. Few patrols (Centuar + 5 novas) roaming around taking out pirates

current reps

Argon: Federation Overwatch
Boron: Queen's Protectorate
Paranid: Friend of Emporer
Split: Priviledged Associate of Rhonkar
Teladi: Company Owner

I started on X-Treme so only had 400 creds at first, and nobody liked me enough to even sell me a Discoverer :) Didn't touch any of the free easter eggs (didn't see the point in playing on X-Treme if you grabbed freebies) So I feel pretty good about accomplishments so far.

Now I have a firm foundation, I want to get into the capital ships, and the boron ships just look the coolest :)

Anything I can do to raise my rep faster? I thought I saw somewhere I could donate money to raise my rep, but I cannot find the place to do that. I've been flying from Trading Station to Trading station in boron space looking for missions, but I'm just mostly finding "news" posts.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 18:56

The "Donation" will show up on BBS, just like missions. Boron stations, obviously.

* Killing Split in Boron space would help, but has "side-effects".
* Trade, naturally.
* Killing Xenon and Kha'ak in Boron space. Xenon Invasion in Menelaus and Xenon Taxi missions spawn targets. Patrol kills are counted

My favorite:
Assassination missions. If the client is Boron, you get rep. If the mark is Boron, you get rep. And both is even better. Such assassinations might turn up everywhere, not just in Boron stations.

IMO the Boron M1/M2 are the most challenging Capital ships to fly in combat. Good OOS, but then their most obvious asset -- the looks -- is wasted. But that is just my opinion.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Skite
x4

Post by Skite » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 18:59

I don't believe AI ship kills will count towards your own rep gain!

Check the BBS on every station you land on - you might even want to visit all stations in sectors and start over once you've done a few sectors - they'll sometimes have a message about some charity organisation. Something with children, IIRC, and you get a few buttons to donate at some different values. I believe it goes from 500 to 5m credits, and the latter gives a real good boost to your rep!

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 19:01

As i remember the race-'donate'-offer is available on every stationtype owned by this race if Mr. Random wants to make you lucky. Also Missions are available everywhere, you don't have to dock at boronstations to get missions from boron 'intelligence'. Just cruise around and dock everywhere (or reload the autosave from a just-docked-at-station, same effect like flying around).
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

palenaka
x3tc

Post by palenaka » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 19:02

any tips on getting certain BBS missions? or are they completely random

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 19:22

Random IIRC, unless you saved when you were docked then any missions being offered would be the same (at least for the station you were at).

palenaka
x3tc

Post by palenaka » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 20:05

thanks for the tips :)

I finally found a station offering the charity thing, so i kept dumping money at it until i got Knight of the Kingdom :)

Off to get mah Ray now :D

palenaka
x3tc

Post by palenaka » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 20:05

oddly enough, it was a solar power plant that gave me the mission heh

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Sun, 14. Jun 09, 01:36

palenaka wrote:thanks for the tips :)

I finally found a station offering the charity thing, so i kept dumping money at it until i got Knight of the Kingdom :)

Interesting contrast.... won't collect treasure to make game harder, but willing to 'buy' rank instead of earning it the hard way!
What intriguing weapons and shields will you use to protect your trade ships and sectors from the Khaak when your not home? unless you can afford capital ships *and luck* its all for nothing, NOTHING! Mwaahhhhahaha
*(amendment for TC since all the good strategy and planning is no longer enough, you also need luck)*

palenaka
x3tc

Post by palenaka » Sun, 14. Jun 09, 01:42

mystikmind2005 wrote:
palenaka wrote:thanks for the tips :)

Interesting contrast.... won't collect treasure to make game harder, but willing to 'buy' rank instead of earning it the hard way!

It makes me happy :) I worked hard building up a big trade empire. I chose to use my hard earned assets to help out the Boron.

I love the Boron ships. Unfortunatly I found out the Ray sucks in dealing with enemy fighters. The Orca can mount AFLAKs, but the Ray can't :( I can't figure it.

Anyway, I bought my way up the Paranid rep, trying out a Oddyseus now. One of my complexes is a weapon plant (closed loop power off a silicon mine, with an ore mine attached). I added on a couple AFLAK factories so they'll be easier to get.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 14. Jun 09, 08:31

palenaka wrote:I love the Boron ships. Unfortunatly I found out the Ray sucks in dealing with enemy fighters. The Orca can mount AFLAKs, but the Ray can't :( I can't figure it.
:rofl: Devious Devs. Albatross mounts bFAA, Elephant none, etc. Is this a "I said: challenging" moment? :P

The power of Oddy is in gPSG. Area effect tends to cause side-effects.

palenaka
x3tc

Post by palenaka » Sun, 14. Jun 09, 08:57

jlehtone wrote:
palenaka wrote:I love the Boron ships. Unfortunatly I found out the Ray sucks in dealing with enemy fighters. The Orca can mount AFLAKs, but the Ray can't :( I can't figure it.
:rofl: Devious Devs. Albatross mounts bFAA, Elephant none, etc. Is this a "I said: challenging" moment? :P

The power of Oddy is in gPSG. Area effect tends to cause side-effects.

yeah i found that out. some stupid Split ship (little tiny thing) was meandering through a Xenon sector i was clearing out and I lost Split rep b/c of it. Seriously...... stay out of Xenon sectors, if you *gotta* fly thru, don't cry to Rhonkar if you get caught between two destroyers going at each other.

Somebody's gonna get hurt one of these days, and it ain't gonna be me....

pjknibbs
x4

Re: X3R - Tips on raising Boron Reputation

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 14. Jun 09, 18:37

palenaka wrote:I really want a Ray :)
In X3:R you really don't--great anti-capital platform, crap against fighter swarms.

surefire_ven0m
x3ap

Post by surefire_ven0m » Mon, 15. Jun 09, 11:40

I gain rep with Boron fast by patrolling from Menelauses Paradise south to Hila's Joy, those sectors are usually swarming with Xenon but every game is different as u know....sandbox - gotta love it 8)
"do i look like a priest?" - "erm...yes...."

The funniest thread ever...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”