What to do with passengers?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

yelgrun
x3tc

What to do with passengers?

Post by yelgrun » Sun, 14. Jun 09, 06:30

I have captured several space suits, but they couldn't be sold at pirate bases? What do we do with them? Can we turn them into marines? How and where? My captured passengers been sitting in brig for long time since I have no idea what to do with them. If I eject them, will they fly to stations?[/b]

JoeVN09
x4

Post by JoeVN09 » Sun, 14. Jun 09, 06:53

When you're docked at the pirate base, go to the passengers in your freight menu and there should be the option to "enslave". then they can be sold as slaves. :twisted:
~ Experienced X3 veteran. Dangerously incompetent X4 novice. ~

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Sun, 14. Jun 09, 06:54

Dock at that pirate base again the goto your ships freight menu and goto your passengers click on one of them and you'll be given an option "Enslave".
Well I think that speaks for itself :roll:
Just imagine you've put that Disintigrator riffle of yours to his head and said right you good for nothing piece of **** get your arse off my ship. :lol:
Well you'll now have a nice batch of slaves for market if you do that to each of your passengers :wink:

PegasusJF
x3tc

Post by PegasusJF » Sun, 14. Jun 09, 08:13

I grabbed a Hermes with a bunch of Paranid passengers. I thought about enslaving them, but decided to just eject them instead, figure they'd go to a nearby station.

Turns out, since they were seen as hostile, my nearby Shrike took out about half of them...

Whoops.... :twisted:

yelgrun
x3tc

Post by yelgrun » Sun, 14. Jun 09, 12:12

Ok, in instruction manual that came with game said I can train them into marines at rehabilitation centers. Is that any stations that sell marines? Like Marine Outpost? So first I go to pirate base to enslave my passengers then go to marine bases to turn them into marines? I ought to try that.

Apollo303
x3tc

Post by Apollo303 » Sun, 14. Jun 09, 12:18

Rehibilitation centre`s are NOT in game !!

You can`t train slaves to be marines or otherwise, slaves or enslaved pilots/passengers can only be sold as such to a Mercenary Outpost. DO NOT sell slaves to a Marine Training Facility as the local authorities see slave trade as ILLEGAL !!

Curse those rat dog Argon freudulants !!.... :twisted:
Who am i ? I am but the sum of my experiences....
And today i am more than i was yesterday and less than i will be tomorrow.

Imagination is a part of Reality we all agree on !!

Doktor Teufel
x3tc

Post by Doktor Teufel » Mon, 15. Jun 09, 05:39

I can't believe no one has given the correct answer yet:

You throw passengers out the airlock. :mrgreen:

thiosk
x3tc

Post by thiosk » Mon, 15. Jun 09, 07:12

Doktor Teufel wrote: You throw passengers out the airlock. :mrgreen:
preferably when the warning "entering planet atmosphere" comes up :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

edit: incidentally, when I aquired an argon arena some time ago, some 3300+ passengers were chillin up in the cargo hold. I was in the process of transfering them to transports to take them to a pirate station... but neglected the life support...
Hey! We've gotten you a different flight to get you to your destination. Sorry for the misunderstanding with the marines and the gunfire and everything. Just go right through this door, yep, there you go, i'll just seal it up and... whoops...
Fear the dreaded carousel beast!

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Mon, 15. Jun 09, 08:45

thiosk wrote:
edit: incidentally, when I aquired an argon arena some time ago, some 3300+ passengers were chillin up in the cargo hold. I was in the process of transfering them to transports to take them to a pirate station... but neglected the life support...
I thin k you'll find that those passengers weren't actual people. I've captured ships with 1,100 'invalids', and others that had passengers. I think they're just there for effect, rather than saleable commodities.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Mon, 15. Jun 09, 09:03

Having read this thread I've concluded that humanity is doomed...

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Mon, 15. Jun 09, 09:26

X game should offer additional options options.
First is selling captured pilots to the pirates. Rep goes down, highly profitable.
Second option is releasing rescued pilots at the trading station. Rep goes up, not much profits though.

Now you can either sell them or release them. Letting them into space isn't an option, they die instantly.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Apollo303
x3tc

Post by Apollo303 » Mon, 15. Jun 09, 21:51

The onething i did like doing with passengers/bailed pilots (before i knew about enslaving them and selling them to Pirates) was to collect as many as possible, then eject them into space.... fly back just to give them the sense of feeling that it was all a mistake and they were going to be re-rescued then shoot them. :fg:

I used to call it "Mercy Killing" - they begged for mercy and i killed them !! :twisted:
Who am i ? I am but the sum of my experiences....
And today i am more than i was yesterday and less than i will be tomorrow.

Imagination is a part of Reality we all agree on !!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”