X3:Reunion Ka'ak Invasions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

yourpowersareweakoldman
x3tc

X3:Reunion Ka'ak Invasions

Post by yourpowersareweakoldman » Mon, 15. Jun 09, 17:37

I'm playing X3: Reunion, and I'm wondering if there's any way I can quickly check where the Ka'ak Invasions are early in the game. I'm tired of playing for hours only to find one in a highly inconvenient sector.

I'm playing the X-Treme story mode, and it's kind of a pain to get started early on, just to restart because the Ka'ak Plop down in the way of one of my favored trade lanes.
Crystal Fabs make Crystals.
Quantum Tube Fabs make Quantum Tubes.
What do Ghetto Fabs make? BLING!

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Tue, 16. Jun 09, 00:21

I would help you but i don't know what the extreme story mode start is?
What intriguing weapons and shields will you use to protect your trade ships and sectors from the Khaak when your not home? unless you can afford capital ships *and luck* its all for nothing, NOTHING! Mwaahhhhahaha
*(amendment for TC since all the good strategy and planning is no longer enough, you also need luck)*

silenced
x4

Post by silenced » Tue, 16. Jun 09, 00:22

The gamestart is rather unimportant, and about the Khaak -> get some Typhoons (~100) and all the Khaak-Bigships are history.
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Tue, 16. Jun 09, 04:44

If you aren't adverse to scripts, I believe there's one that tracks big invasions of Kha'ak, Xenon and Pirates alike and gives you a nice, well formatted BBS story about it. :)

Also, there will generally be BBS stories about an invasion if one happens, though I remember them not being fully functional and I'm not sure if that's fixed in 2.5. :roll:
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

yourpowersareweakoldman
x3tc

Post by yourpowersareweakoldman » Tue, 16. Jun 09, 08:56

It's the third start from the top.

yourpowersareweakoldman
x3tc

Post by yourpowersareweakoldman » Tue, 16. Jun 09, 11:01

Where do you get that script? And is there anyway to save/check/reload so I don't get the 'cheater' label lol

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 16. Jun 09, 11:12

yourpowersareweakoldman wrote:Where do you get that script? And is there anyway to save/check/reload so I don't get the 'cheater' label lol
Try the scripts forum.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”