[SCRIPT] Advanced Navigation Software V1.20 : 2010/08/10

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 4. Dec 10, 13:57

Huggy_Monster wrote:Not something specific to this mod but loosely related, but is they a way to make the default auto-pilot to use docking computer automatcally if installed?
you need to install the override scripts, these will replace all the standard autopilot commands to use the Advanced Navigation scripts instead, which includes using the docking computer

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 4. Dec 10, 13:59

so if you use the Advanced Nav menu to dock somewhere, it uses the FTL drive correct ?

if so, then the link between them is working, so the problem is with the overrides.

have u installed the seperate override scripts for Advanced Nav ?
there are 2 overrides, 1 for Nav 1 for jump.

make sure u have both installed

mailleweaver
x3tc

Post by mailleweaver » Wed, 8. Dec 10, 08:37

I did some real testing to try to give you something easier to work with.

To prepare for testing, I did the following in the listed order:
  • -install X3TC (2.5)
    -patch to 3.0
    -download fresh every script to be installed for testing
    -start new game
    -activate script editor, open script editor
    -dock, save, quit
    -using Plugin Manager Lite 1.30RC1, install:
    • cheat package
      community plugin configuration
      hotkey manager
      ware manager
    -load savegame, undock, wait 5 minutes, dock, save, quit
    -using Plugin Manager Lite 1.30RC1, install:
    • advanced jumpdrive
      advanced jumpdrive overrides
      advanced navigation software
      advanced navigation overrides
    -load savegame, undock, wait 10 minutes, dock, save, quit
    -load savegame, create new ship owned by player, install appropriate wares and upgrades, verify commands work with advanced navigation menu.
    -proceed testing standard commands.
What I found:
  • -Everything works properly through the Advanced Navigation menu.
    -Standard "follow" doesn't use Adv Jump or FTL. I can understand no FTL here (as it could cause problems near terran stations while In Sector, for example) but it should use Adv Jump.
    -Standard "follow me" doesn't use Adv Jump or FTL. Again, I can understand no FTL here, but it should use Adv Jump.
    -Standard "dock at" does use Adv Jump and FTL.
    -Standard "move to position" does use Adv Jump and FTL.
    -Standard "buy" does use Adv Jump and FTL when going to buy, but uses only Adv Jump (no FTL) when returning home.
    -Standard "sell" does use Adv Jump and FTL when going to sell, but uses only Adv Jump (no FTL) when returning home before and after the sale.
    -Standard "return home" uses Adv Jump but not FTL.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 8. Dec 10, 16:23

most likly those other commands use different scripts for thier movement.

will have to check the scripts to see what method they are using and add them into the overrides

tbowen
x3tc

Not installing in Plugin Manager

Post by tbowen » Sat, 11. Dec 10, 07:47

When I download this script, it goes into the Plugin Manager as usual (though, I don't get the little message that says it is installed). It appears on the list of installed scripts etc. But, if I close Plugin Manager and re-open it, the script has disappeared.

I have a number of other scripts installed and working properly through the plugin manager (I have lite v1.2).

Any ideas?

Emerson d'Anite
x4

Re: Not installing in Plugin Manager

Post by Emerson d'Anite » Sat, 11. Dec 10, 12:02

tbowen wrote:When I download this script, it goes into the Plugin Manager as usual (though, I don't get the little message that says it is installed). It appears on the list of installed scripts etc. But, if I close Plugin Manager and re-open it, the script has disappeared.

I have a number of other scripts installed and working properly through the plugin manager (I have lite v1.2).

Any ideas?
Use this one [BETA] X Plugin Manager Lite : 1.30 RC 1 : 07/09/2010 *Inc Packager/Ship Creator*
« Il suivait son idée. C'était une idée fixe et il était surpris de ne pas avancer. » :)
Jacques Prévert

Cowski
x4

Post by Cowski » Fri, 4. Mar 11, 05:19

Good evening...

I installed all the required (and recommended) tools to go with the Navigation mod. And all installed without a problem. I'm still very new to the game and have some questions regarding this mod. According to the Plugin Manager Lite (v1.20), it's showing the ANS (v1.20) installed and enabled. The same for Community Plugin Config, HotKey Manager and Ware Manager. These are the only mods/scripts I have installed at this time into a fresh, updated v3.1 of X3TC.

Please excuse my newbness but when I launched the game from the Manager Lite, it seems the ANS uninstalled itself. I exited out & had to reinstall it again. It did this twice for me.

I"m looking to really just use this ANS to help me fly to certain coordinates.

Hopefully this is easily fixed. Thanks!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 4. Mar 11, 14:57

A simple test to try is to install the packages and exit the plugin manager and open it up again
Of they are not listed it means windows is preventing write access to the pluginmanager

The main cause of this is installing the game into a protected directory like program files

A simple solution is to install it elsewhere if possible
Others there are a few work arounds. u could try adjusting directory permission for the game or disablling uac. Also try running the pluginmanager with admin rights

Cowski
x4

Post by Cowski » Sat, 5. Mar 11, 03:56

Cycrow,

Well I think it may have been a combination of what you suggested & perhaps a compatibility issue with Windows 7. I ran it as administrator with a compatibility mode of XP w/sp2 & I can exit the program & reload it & the ANS is still there.

Now, this is what I did in order to try to get the ANR to run:
1. Fired up v1.30 rc1 Plugin Manager.
2. Verified that ANS is still loaded. v1.20 is loaded under "Installed Scripts". It is.
3. Also verified that Community Plugin Configuration v.141, Hotkey Mgr v.111, and Ware Manager v1.01 is loaded under "Script Libraries:. They are.
4. Lanched X3 Terran Conflict v3.0.
5. New game => Custom Game => XUniverse
Got into the game.
6. Docked with the Argon Equipment station.
NOTHING. Cannot find the Advanced Navigation Software ANYWHERE!

Am I missing a step(s)? If so what am I missing. I read, reread & read other posts and quite frankly some of them confused me as to what I need to do next. I pride myself at being able to figure out most things of this sort but for the life of me I cannot with this game/script and I'm utterly perplexed as to why it's still not working.
Please let me know. Once I get this installed I'll be an extremely happy camper! But in this case, extremely happy space-goer. I'm still plugging away at trying to get this figured out but have no idea/clue as to what to try next.

Thank you for your time!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 5. Mar 11, 14:00

Shouldn't really be compayable problems with windows 7 as it was built and compiled using windows 7

There could be several problems ull need to do a few more tests to find out what

First yet going to the controls menu and are if you can bind the hotkey
Also Try using the cheat scripts to view the available wares. Also is there any readtext entries. And a load of ZA_ emp entries in the list ?

Cowski
x4

Post by Cowski » Mon, 7. Mar 11, 05:30

Okay....got a couple of things figured out.

Found the Advanced Navigation Menu (finally). Got it hotkeyed & it does come up. So I am almost there. It comes up with no problems but does say, "Missing Software: Advanced Navigation Software" which I expect it too.
So I docked at an equipment dock and still cannot find the software it's looking for.

What do I do next? Shouldn't this software be available at any equipment dock?

Thank you.

Cowski
x4

Post by Cowski » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 01:53

Okay....just when things start looking good for me.

Good news & bad news....

Good news!!!
WOOT!! I finally see it!! It's under the "Goods" section. FINALLY!!

Bad news!!!
My notoriety is too low to buy it. Foiled again! Still looking into this. Incidently...what level of notoriety do I have to have to buy it? I know it's friggin' expensive as hell (601,000+) too.

Great scott....I hope after all this trouble it'll be worth it!

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Fri, 1. Apr 11, 02:14

The ware is showing up in equipment docks as something like Z_EMP_WARES something or other. Does this require the EMP mod?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 1. Apr 11, 17:48

EMP is installed as part of the plugin manager, so you dont need to install it seperatly.

the problem is that the emp default texts are overriding the scripts ones.

to fix it, once the game is run, u could manually run the init.pmanager.text script

and this should fix it

a more permanant fix will be added to the next version of the plugin manager

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Fri, 1. Apr 11, 18:28

Aha that explains it. I swear it was working before the new plugin manager release.

Thanks

EDIT: That fixed it. Thanks again

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 3. Apr 11, 14:33

i did thought i fixed it in a previous veriosn, but it seemed to crop up again for some reason

the next version of the plugin manager scripts should hopefully fix it permantly now

i basically made it run the load text routines on a timer after game launch so it'll always override the emp text's

Ferenczy66
x3tc

Post by Ferenczy66 » Mon, 14. Nov 11, 19:20

Here's a problem I've been trying to figure out for some time...

Personal ship (I want it to patrol the 3 Gamma Sectors south of Oort Cloud - Using XRM btw) when i'm afk.

Have Adv Nav/Adv Jump/ and their overrides.

Problem....it constanly jumps from point to point in the same sector...never seeming to move on to next sector (unsure as I'm trying to figure out the jumpin gpart 1st)

Is this intended behavior?

Keomars

Post by Keomars » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 16:58

Sorry I really mess it up...

I download your SPK file and use X Plugin Manager Lite V 1.3 to install this as usual, but there is a warning pop-up:

---------------------------
Installing
Missing Package for Advanced Navigation - Overrides
Requires:
Advanced Navigation Software V1.20 by Cycrow
Advanced Navigation Software by Cycrow

OK

So I download the wrong file? I dont see any other download link there :?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 17:29

sounds like u downloaded the override scripts rather than the actual script

its the first download button you should use

Keomars

Post by Keomars » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 18:50

Cycrow wrote:if u have the ware manager installed, then the device should be added to some equipment docks.

you do need the upgrade on the ship to use the commands
Yeah, you right. Problem solved, thx!! :D

I got the thing shown as ZA_EMP_BLANK_WARE_CUSTOM16_9, and I got that's EMP over write problem.

It works anyway, Thx again. :lol:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”