X3R v2.5 Tractor Beams and Gates

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tony C
x2

X3R v2.5 Tractor Beams and Gates

Post by Tony C » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 02:02

Ok, I've got the Pontifex's yacht in tow but when I go through the sector gate I lose the yacht, what am I doing wrong? :?

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 02:49

I presume when you say 'lose the yacht' you mean the towing fails?

Fly through the gate on autopilot. let the autopilot fly until your ship stops, and don't move it until the yacht comes through. It can take a little while.

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 03:18

Yes it is not real clear if it is towing at this point in the game.

Use the Universe map to look in the previous sector, if the Yacht is moving at all, then you are still towing it. Also it is not clear it is being towed even if it does eventually come through the gate and you start moving again. Target the Yacht and you should see faint green tractor beam effects in the target picture, if not, then the tow is broken. Or if the gap between your ship and the Yacht extends more than 3km then you can be certain the tow is broken.
What intriguing weapons and shields will you use to protect your trade ships and sectors from the Khaak when your not home? unless you can afford capital ships *and luck* its all for nothing, NOTHING! Mwaahhhhahaha
*(amendment for TC since all the good strategy and planning is no longer enough, you also need luck)*

surefire_ven0m
x3ap

Post by surefire_ven0m » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 14:09

I had a similar problem when i first tried the Bala Gi Research missions but eladan is right, autopilot is your friend with this one and it certainly worked for me .
"do i look like a priest?" - "erm...yes...."

The funniest thread ever...

Tony C
x2

Post by Tony C » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 15:05

Thanks for the info, I'll try it.

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 15:11

Yep just autopilot through the gate. When you emerge on the other side sit and wait. Eventually the yacht will come through the gate and the tractor will reengage. HOWEVER if you start manuovering manually on the other side of the gate, you'll break the sequence and the yacht won't come through the gate.

Sit still and don't touch anything (besides SETA if you get bored waiting) and eventually the yacht shows up, typically just as you're starting to think in earnest- "I've been waiting too long. The game must have messed up again. I'd better go back and look for it."
mrbadger wrote:Anyway, it's Star Wars, this is important....

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”