[TC] Hub Gate realignment?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

yelgrun
x3tc

Hub Gate realignment?

Post by yelgrun » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 10:44

What exactly I need to do? The Gate realignment in hub menu asked me which gates I want to direct to, but I don't know which gate 1 & gate 2 are, as if they are N, S, W, E. What about gate 3 & 4? Do I just need to connect gate 1 to 2 in same sector? I accidentally connected a gate to another sector's gate, then showing 1-2 hours working time on realigning. Does it mean I get to choose a sector with at least a gate only? But would the next sector's gate lose link to this sector?

Lyth
x4

Post by Lyth » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 10:48

TC - spoilers section please dude.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=241141

You'll find everything you never wanted to know their or ^

(add - I never look in the spoilers forum but this doesn't look like it was moved, my apology if you posted in the right place.)
Take it easy, If you can't - Take it by force.

yelgrun
x3tc

Post by yelgrun » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 11:24

I wasn't sure if it was spoiler, since I had no clue what to do with gate realignment. After repairing capacitors, then the mission brief in menu tells me to do gate realignment. I tried link it to Aldrin sector below Unknown sector west of M148 but it require at least a gate without creating new one. I thought I could link a east gate in Unknown sector with Hub to M148, then a south gate to Aldrin, then a north gate to Omicron Lyrae, then a west gate to Homily of Perpetuity and to create new gates in these sectors. That why I asked what gate 1 and gate 2 are. The odd thing about Hub being in unknown sector next to M148 while it has Xenon core 023 & Xenon sector 627 gates that had me confused.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 11:41

yelgrun wrote:I wasn't sure if it was spoiler, since I had no clue what to do with gate realignment.
If it's part of a TC plot, it's very likely to be a spoiler.

yelgrun
x3tc

Post by yelgrun » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 14:28

Now I understand how gates work & the point of plot. I get to have 3 gates as which sectors I want each of them link to. Since the plot asked me to deliver so many microchips, silicon, teladianium, & crystals, I didn't want to bother with building too many factories for that.

I just link my gate 1 between home of light & president end, gate 2 between Heretic End & Asteroid Belt, gate 3 between Heaven's Assertion & Patriarch's Collusion then set to prices to max on those demanded wares with yes for trading with other races. That way is a lot cheaper and simple.

After I am done, then I would probably change gates around to have hub being effective for player's headquarter being nearer equipment docks like Getsu Fu for example.

Freetraders from everywhere & my UTs would flock to my hub delivering these wares without me needing factories. I probably would have several to 20 TS buying wares too. I don't understand why many players want to build several huge complex just for Hub plot. Because after the plot is done, then what to do with them? They would be just huge obstacles & eyesore in whichever sectors. Gate realignment only ask for 10,000 energy cells each time we want to realign a gate to which sector. :roll:

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 15:20

Well, you will see yourself the reasons... But just to mention some:

(1) You cannot align the 3 pairs of gates from the begining. Just one set, then the second set after some requiremts are completed and then the 3rd set.

(2) Some requirements are very very high for just count on the economy to provide them. You will see, you will dry every single factory of crystals and chips way before you get to the 3rd part of the requirements.

yelgrun
x3tc

Post by yelgrun » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 22:28

Even gate 1 is still enough to bring traders into. I would build maybe 5-10 microchip factories at most, but I won't build 40 or more. I just use mistrial TS to fill up its cargos. As for crystals, that shouldn't be problem because of L size now. Drying up universe resources brings me more customers if I want to sell ore, silicon, food, & cells.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”