[TC] Repair lasers

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Darquies
x3ap

Repair lasers

Post by Darquies » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 20:50

would anybody link me any articles where we might get these in future patches?(i looked, but alas, i'm not good in the search dept.)

or do you know something(gossip orientated)

i know i could script em in, but i wanna post my stats with the vanillia game first b4 i go a scripting

thanx in advance
to Protect The Helpless From The Heartless

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 20:53

As far as I know, there are no plans to add them.

Darquies
x3ap

Post by Darquies » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 20:54

arrg, well i guess i'll have to wait till i post stats then

thanx M8

Blkraven123

Post by Blkraven123 » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 03:11

why are there no plans to add repair lasers... is it a desire to piss of their player base by making them go astrosuit and take 10 years?

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 03:15

Sigh....

The ONLY reason that ships are able to mount a Repair Laser is because the Repair Laser, Mobile Drilling System, and Tractor Beam take the same slot.

One of the Devs actually gave a fuller explaination.

Jimyd
x3tc

Post by Jimyd » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 03:21

All they need to do is make them cost a few million credits, and make a specific ship for them.

Like the Baldric Miner and Miner Variant ships.

yelgrun
x3tc

Post by yelgrun » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 03:54

I think my marines should help me with repairing ships. Give them repair lasers too. :roll:

Darquies
x3ap

Post by Darquies » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 08:14

well peeps.

it is what it is. But to my understanding, there are some Great scripts that have em. So if you really need em bad, check the scripting section

Bubbinska
x3tc

Post by Bubbinska » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 08:23

the Mobile Ship Repairs mod in the Community scripts library thread is very good - it adds Repair Laser Factories to a couple of sectors so you can buy them and mount them on, say, a TM ship that's equipped with a jumpdrive, so you can order the ship to pick up ejected fighters, take them to a safe location and repair them for sale!

I don't think the devs will ever include Repair Lasers as an official addition, considering that it breaks the game economy (buy a ship someone's offering for sale with low hull, REPAIR IT FOR FREE in a short time, sell for huge profit). The space-suit mounted laser is sufficient for fighter repair but not much else, which is useful early on.

Perhaps a requirement of Hull Plating in the cargo bay of the ship to be repaired might be a decent compromise without breaking the game? The only real issue I can see is that repairing ships with repair laser is absolutely free.

MadGizmo
xr

Post by MadGizmo » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 15:52

Why would that be a problem? Energy is free. You can build closed loop complexes. That means money is for free. So, what would be the problem with repairing ships for free? It would obviously take time. So, it would not be entirely for free.

If people want to spend hours repairing a ship, then let them. I rather pay for it and be done with in a sec. ;)

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 20:34

MadGizmo wrote:Why would that be a problem? Energy is free. You can build closed loop complexes. That means money is for free. So, what would be the problem with repairing ships for free? It would obviously take time. So, it would not be entirely for free.
If time is your only worry, eject in your spacesuit and put a weight on the CTRL key--I've done that and left the game running for half an hour before now. Allowing repair lasers to be bought and mounted on ships would only have the effect of reducing the repair time and taking away the risk factor of floating around in your spacesuit while doing it, so it WOULD be a fairly major change from what happens now.

LocTheToker
x3tc

Post by LocTheToker » Sat, 20. Jun 09, 01:11

here is an idea....

One supper hidden repair ship easter egg

hide the one and only ship with a mounted repair laser in deep space in some unknown sector.

It would be the only one so it would be invaluable, but would allow for repair from inside a ship which would have much greater laser energy/recharge

unimatrix0030
x3tc

Post by unimatrix0030 » Sat, 20. Jun 09, 01:26

This might be a noob question:
Can't you get your own shipyards and repair them there for free?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sat, 20. Jun 09, 01:28

unimatrix0030 wrote:This might be a noob question:
Can't you get your own shipyards and repair them there for free?
You can't buy regular shipyards in vanilla.

You can repair ships at the player headquarters, but it takes time, resources and credits. It's somewhat cheaper than repairing at an SY, but by the time you have the HQ you probably don't care about the cost.

QuitSmokin
x3tc

Post by QuitSmokin » Sat, 20. Jun 09, 10:35

Don't let yourself get shot to pieces, no hull damage = Problem Solved :P

codeinemlc
x4

Quick repair in astrosuit

Post by codeinemlc » Sat, 11. Jul 09, 04:47

Someone else posted this somewhere, but i use this. Jump in astrosuit, eject a SETA from one of your ships, pick up the SETA in your astrosuit. Now you hold both CTRL and J at the same time, you will repair in SETA time.

Oh the SETA dissapears once you enter back in your ship so you might want to have a spare ship with one in it

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”