Yo ho ho and bottle of space fuel (DID story)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TheJakal
x3tc

Yo ho ho and bottle of space fuel (DID story)

Post by TheJakal » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 18:26

Right this is my new DiD story. Inspired to play agian after a few months by NS stories I've decided to do my own. I've chosen the Anomynous Argon start and these are the rules.

1. Dead is dead (bet you didn't see that coming.... :roll:)
2. No auto aim allowed only semi to make dog fighting more fun.
3. Umm I can buy ships but my character is rather tight so probably wont
4. Not allowed to overly pick on Teladi as they are acting as my fence.
5. Not allowed to use repair laser on anythign I dont plan on keeping or any ship over M7.
EDIT: 6. Not allowed to keep any bailed ships that I dont plan on using (I can state before I go after it if I intend to keep it for selling though but this will be very rare and generally only ships bigger than a M6). This is because I want to play as a pirate would have in the 16th or 17th century and correct me if I wrong but I seem to recall them sinking a lot of ships after looting them instead of keeping them.

So anyway lets begin. Heres the first day of gaming summed up.

Kyle Ferrand Personal Log
Entry One:

The computer sounded strangely calm as it told me that my ship was at 10% shields and falling. I hate these new fighter drones. There’s only two of them and they’ve already stripped most my shielding and… wait that explosion behind me and sparks from the communication board cant be a good thing. Yep I’m now at 90% hull. These things are dangerous, I mean I’m obviously a decent fighter pilot with all of my three days of experience behind me.

Yep I’d been in space for three days and had only held a license for a week (I’m using that new Terran time system, it seems a hell of a lot easier for me to understand for some reason) I’d used to be a rather accomplished thief back on Argon Prime running under a rather well known half Split crime lord who probably wouldn’t be best pleased to see me at the moment, seeing as its his former Discoverer and pride and joy that’s parked up at the nearby pirate owned Massom Mill here in Hatikvah’s Faith. Yep I’d got rather ticked off with the cuts that he was taking from what I stole so decided to get my credits back and some more besides. This was the reason I was currently in pirate space. It would seem that the crime lord although not at all righteous or particularly law abiding had managed to get word out about me and my little stunt and I only just managed to evade the police as I shot into Elena’s Fortunes south gate.

I’d then developed a new profession as a to but it in the nicest term salvager, sifting through the wreckage of recent fights between pirates and transports and taking what I could to sell at Company Pride the nearest Teladi sector. I’d been a bit apprehensive of them but I was well aware of their love of credits and the Pirate controlled station in the sector gave me more confidence.

It appeared the common belief of Tealdi’s love of credits and trading is well founded as the dock master on the equipment dock, Perilill II eagerly undercut me on the missiles I had picked up and allowed me to purchase ‘under the table’ so to say a freight scanner and the 4 IRE’s and shielding that I required to up my rather accomplished thieving to the Galactic scale on the understanding that he would fence my gains and skim some of the profits for himself. Thieving creature but not one to be a total hypocrite I didn’t bring this up and accepted the offer eagerly.

That was how I found myself in space now. The second day had gone well with me attacking random freighters hoping for some drops. It’d taken me a while (never was the fastest in the class) but as I had sat trying to whittle the shielding away on a Boron freighter who luckily wasn’t shooting back it dawned on me that the Discoverer wasn’t the perfect ship for pirating in, smuggling maybe but that’s boring.

I’d persevered for a bit though with the disco. Not because I didn’t want a bigger ship but because I wasn’t sure enough in my fighting skills to take another fighter on. It hadn’t all gone bad though as I had managed to make a Argon freighter bail and was overjoyed to find two of the three 5MW shielding units still intact. Quickly claiming it I was buoyed up by my success and decided I would try and get a fighter now.

That’s where the buster that I’m sat in now comes into play. I’d found it wandering around after making sure my claim was secure in the local station and decided I liked the look of the extra weapon generator and so decided to frighten the pilot a little bit. This was easier than the freighter pilot and the buster pilot bailed so fast that I rather stupidly nearly destroyed it crashing into the rear of it as it slowed down with an astronaut slowly boosting away from me.

Quickly space walking to it I find that it’s got 27% hull left and is venting gases everywhere. I also find it’s got some quantum tubes and microchips left onboard so it’s overall a pretty good catch. I sent it to the Massom Mill where (hopefully being a pirate station) my mercury which I’d dubbed ‘Lock Up’ was patiently waiting (hell it’s a computer what else does it have to do). It was there that I patched up the holes so the computer registered 100% hull. It still looked like a wreck though and the dock master was wondering where some of the docking bays panels had gone but hey I like the look it had something fearsome about it. I then stuck the ordered it to Company Pride after transferring the 5MW’s shields across and after some bartering with Perilill involving a few large missiles and the microchips I had managed to get the speed maxed and the cargo bay increased.

I’d then headed back into pirate space where I’d looted a nice load of 14 microchips before I got into this present situation. Oh wait I’d forgotten about the current situation which in all honestly hasn’t gone well. Apparently about 56% of hull not well. I panicked as every rookie fighter pilot would do and launched a string of mosquito missiles at one of the two drones which joy of all joys circled it rather than actually attempting to hit it. Not good. Still it had managed to distract one of the drones and I somehow managed to destroy the one concentrating on me before the missiles ran out of fuel. That just left the other one to deal with and despite it getting a run at me and knocking my hull down to 36% I got behind it and it quickly followed the other one to the great space scrap yard.

Now somehow in all this I had managed to not lose any equipments and the freighter pilot was happy to accept my apology (or grovelling) and continued on his way leaving me to limp back to the station I was using as a base looking more like a piece of telandinium than a fighter and with enough red lights and beeping to cover the Argon Shipyard.

I think its time for a change of clothes and for some more of the docking bay to go mysteriously missing.

Main asset:

1x M4 Buster
5x IRE’s
11x MW shielding

Other assets:

1x TS Mercury ‘Lock up’
1x M5 Discoverer ‘Gone Missing’

Credits: 7k

EDIT: Taken Baris advice and broken the text up. Thanks.
Last edited by TheJakal on Sat, 20. Jun 09, 00:52, edited 2 times in total.

baric
x4

Post by baric » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 18:47

Looks good...May I make one suggestion.....Paragraphs...or at least some spacing...it is very hard to real a wall of text all run together on this board for me....it all starts to blue together.

Marked to watch as are the other DiD's. Looking forward to more of the story.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”