X3R - participation in XI mission forbidden?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mystikmind2005
x2

X3R - participation in XI mission forbidden?

Post by mystikmind2005 » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 16:51

I started a xenon invasion mission and immediately die if i try to join the battle because the NPC defenders are using PSG's!

So basically i watch the battle from afar and pick off any stray xenon i can safely get near, but it is very difficult because they all chase the PSG weilding M6's. so i cannot do much at all?

Not only that but i get some message that the xenon are using jump drives now, so the xenon keep respawning it seems to never end? I don't know how long the battle can go, because i still ended up getting killed when one of the PSG weilding ships got near me without me seeing it!

I have a save before i took the mission, and i see no reason to bother going again if the PSG weilding ships are a new phase in the evolution of XI missions, very dissapointing.
What intriguing weapons and shields will you use to protect your trade ships and sectors from the Khaak when your not home? unless you can afford capital ships *and luck* its all for nothing, NOTHING! Mwaahhhhahaha
*(amendment for TC since all the good strategy and planning is no longer enough, you also need luck)*

Lyth
x4

Post by Lyth » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 16:53

Spoiler
Show

The J's will run out of e-cells eventually and yeah - when you get Paranid ships helping you on those missions they're a pain but it is random.
You can also nail the J's in the X sector as that's where they go between hops if I rem' correctly.

Range on PSG's is short so just kill what you can before they stick their eyebrows in.
Take it easy, If you can't - Take it by force.

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 16:58

Thanks for that, so if the PSG ships are random then that is very good!

I do have a save before acepting the mission, so i will reload from there.

I will remember to always save before accepting the mission incase it ever happens again. I have to say, finding myself in a position to be more afraid of my NPC helpers than the enemy, somone definately stuffed up somewhare!
What intriguing weapons and shields will you use to protect your trade ships and sectors from the Khaak when your not home? unless you can afford capital ships *and luck* its all for nothing, NOTHING! Mwaahhhhahaha
*(amendment for TC since all the good strategy and planning is no longer enough, you also need luck)*

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 19:16

You could have searched these.

IMO the Paranid helpers are among the "easy ones", for they spawn "far" and do not decimate the K's and J's, like the gPPC-Titan/Python does.

Catspaws
x3tc

Post by Catspaws » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 21:40

I have found, after being slaughtered a couple of times by the paranid support on XI's, that if you save once you have left the station then if you have to reload it is not always the same defence force, plus you don't have to go through all the selecting the mission and undocking routine again. It does change if you manage to save before the first message, not otherwise. Obviously this only works if the XI is in the same sector you are. I have never managed to change the defence force if I have had to jump into the sector where the XI is happening.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 21:45

Remember that once the imminent Invasion is announced on a station, it is announced on all stations (valid for the target sector). So no need to take it at the first place you see it.

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 23:35

jlehtone wrote:You could have searched these.

IMO the Paranid helpers are among the "easy ones", for they spawn "far" and do not decimate the K's and J's, like the gPPC-Titan/Python does.
The 'search' never works for me in the past, why would i suddenly use it now?

The K's and J's in XI missions i have learnt to just ignore, so who is slow or fast at killing them is of no concearn to me. This is because i have learnt the hard way that it is just too easy to have the kill stolen from under me by some other ship, so theres no point to wasting weapons energy on them in the first place! You get much more reward by focusing on the fighters only.

NUKLEAR-SLUG
x3tc

Post by NUKLEAR-SLUG » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 00:03

Tthe J's an K's are undershielded. Bombard them with heavy missiles and you'll get the kill almost guarunteed.

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 00:14

NUKLEAR-SLUG wrote:Tthe J's an K's are undershielded. Bombard them with heavy missiles and you'll get the kill almost guarunteed.
Yea i would get the kill alright.... myself! hehehe - Missiles tend to have a hard time finding their way out of your armory without blowing up in X3. Even with ideal deployment conditions!

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 00:48

Yup, X3R missiles can be hard to work with sometimes. However, using any corvette (god forbid you should own one at all in Reunion, but just in case) or capital ship, you can mount Typhoons, Hammerheads, Firestorms, and Wasps.

From long range, you

-Use wasps and typhoons to spoof the target's turrets. Wasps serve only this function, while typhoons can also inflict some actual harm for a steeper price.
-Throw several Hammerheads into the swarm.
-Use Firestorms when you can't get your hands on Hammerheads. :P

The real damage-dealers will be hidden amongst the rat race of smaller, faster missiles and will be much more likely to land and score damage. Yes it's expensive, but what you're paying for is the luxury of not actually joining the battle and still getting kills. :D
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 01:06

And you say it's too easy to get the kill stolen from you - learn from that :twisted:

You be the one stealing from the AI, instead!!!

The reward for the cap ships is much higher than that for the fighters!!! I tended to go for just the caps. Take out the caps as quickly as possible and tidy up the fighters after. Yeah, you can get a few million more if you wait till all the fighters have been spat out by the jumping J's, but quicker cash if you trash the J's and move on :)

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 04:02

In an m3, I like to 'surf' the j/k, and then launch a suitably high yield missile (t-bolt, hornet, etc) once its hull gets low enough.

If you are in a m6, (or bigger...), merely crash into the j/k when their hull is getting low. A little bit of practice and youll get every kill ^^

Iin really large ships, their shields are in the mere hundreds of mw, yours are in thousands... just ram him to death

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 08:38

mystikmind2005 wrote:The 'search' never works for me in the past, why would i suddenly use it now?
The 'search' that I did was to click on "Search" and then from that page on "Invasion, XI". That results in a list of threads to browse through, but a rather short list.

The more there are threads, the harder it is to find anything. And then you end up posting even more threads, only making the searching yet more prone to fail.
CreHater wrote:

Code: Select all

J = 8.306.494
K = 5.932.199
L =    62.587
M =    40.502
You are right, if you face (potentially) 5 K, 4 J, 320 L, and 80 M in XI, those K and J are not worth any effort, are they? :roll:

silenced
x4

Post by silenced » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 09:06

jlehtone wrote: You are right, if you face (potentially) 5 K, 4 J, 320 L, and 80 M in XI, those K and J are not worth any effort, are they? :roll:
Not really, maybe they're worth 5 Typhoon Missiles each, but not more. =)

And for the other stuff like M & L -> Thunderbolts are great in X3:R, fast and powerful enough to take them down (a self-sustaining complex is a must for Typhoons/Thunderbolts anyways).
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 10:04

Anyhow, i just redid that XI mission. Had Argon Centaus this time so that was ok. During the battle i got an announcement that my Hyperion was finished being reverse engineered so i thought "brilliant i will jump it in and transport over". Ahem, apparantly not!?!?!

I just hope the 98 kills i got will cover the massive losses from all the equipment and weapons i had stored on board the Hyperion ready for fitting out all the new ships i was going to buy GrgnphXxxX

Usenko
x3

Post by Usenko » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 10:39

Flying my hyperion, the best weapon against Xenon Js and Ks is the good old Fox Four . . (ram)
Morkonan wrote:What really happened isn't as exciting. Putin flexed his left thigh during his morning ride on a flying bear, right after beating fifty Judo blackbelts, which he does upon rising every morning. (Not that Putin sleeps, it's just that he doesn't want to make others feel inadequate.)

Rive
x3tc

Post by Rive » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 11:17

Usenko wrote:Flying my hyperion, the best weapon against Xenon Js and Ks is the good old Fox Four . . (ram)
That is fine, especially when you try to save (or steal :wink:) the kill from any unwelcome 'helper'...

But when there is a bunch of capitals around with a herd of 'L', then it is a bit suicidal :cry:

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 11:36

You have about 20 seconds from Xenon spawn to helper spawn. A time to kill the K's. And once the J(s) start jumping, they do it one at a time, giving you a window of opportunity of about 20 seconds while they drop of fighter wing. Whether you kill J in that time or not, you will have those fighters all over you. Much nicer than chasing them. :split:

Naturally, killing the J prematurely like that prevents it from bringing in more nice fighters to kill. You do get race reputation and combat rank from those kills, not to mention the fun, and they actually outweight the lesser bounty, don't they?

Helpers have at least most Capital ship (M2).

Dragon and 61 Typhoons. 4 bHEPT (anti-fighter), 2 aPPC (long range K/J), and all six at point blank for K/J. Ok, I confess, all Pandora rudder (but no engine) on her. Still turns like in jam. And she was good in XI even without the extra rudder.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”