X3:R - Yet Another XI question..... Apparrently I suck

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Biroboy
x3tc

X3:R - Yet Another XI question..... Apparrently I suck

Post by Biroboy » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 09:46

Hey all,

I just finished another XI mission, and as it says in the title, apparrently I suck...

I got the Xenon dead just fine, and got the kill on the Cap Ship in-sector, but by the time I dealt with it it had already killed every station in 18-billion.....

How long am I going to have to wait for the stations to respawn, and will this prevent me from getting more XI missions in 18-bil until I do?

-- Biro

P.S. I deliberately didn't hijack one of the other XI threadsm since this is a simple and very specific question :p

JoeVN09
x4

Post by JoeVN09 » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 10:32

Loads of stations getting destroyed in Eighteen Billion shouldn't have a direct effect on the likelihood of receiving XI misions again (other than reducing the number of stations randomly assigned to give the mission), but still you can get the missions from up to 2/3 sectors away.

As for the stations, i don't think they necessarily respawn... the game engine might replace them if it determines there's a shortage of products, but i don't think you can really predict how long it will take if at all. Someone correct me if i'm wrong. :P
~ Experienced X3 veteran. Dangerously incompetent X4 novice. ~

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 10:38

I lost an NPC Solar power plant in Getsu Fune with my first XI mission and it never respawned.

I don't know how you could loose so many stations tho? there are suposed to be invincible NPC ships that come with the XI mission.

The only thing i can think of is the NPC ships got too far away and stopped chasing the Xenon ships, i have seen that happen before.
What intriguing weapons and shields will you use to protect your trade ships and sectors from the Khaak when your not home? unless you can afford capital ships *and luck* its all for nothing, NOTHING! Mwaahhhhahaha
*(amendment for TC since all the good strategy and planning is no longer enough, you also need luck)*

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 11:25

Interesting feat indeed. 18 Bil in my vanilla X3R game does have Trading Station, Pirate Base, and 7 Factories. Pirates are random, so do not count those. Trading Station is quite near the spot where the Xenon spawn, but there are Asteroids to confuse the Xenonic gerbils. And the Factories are all westward from the TD. So getting the Xenon K see and catch all of them ... after all the K has only Triplex Scanner, so it cannot possibly see all the stations when it jumps in.

But X3R has GoD. GoD may have removed Factories, so perhaps there were not so many stations to start with. And I have a faint recollection of a Factory due SE from the TD. That would explain part of it; there were only couple stations, and in "favorable" positions.

And GoD is the one making Factory judgement. It can build Factories and remove Factories. Positive and negative economic events. It remains a mystery, how often does the GoD act, and what conditions do decide the nature of the event. Pray the Almighty Random Number Generator, and you might see Factories there again. Or trade in "right way". (Yaki demolished Power Circle in my game, and it has remained so for quite long now.)

Trading Station (TD) is a "governmental" installation. Those do respawn after a while. Always. Perhaps 12 ingame hours or so.

But as said, XI should be advertized on all sectors of the target sector race within 3 jumps or so (actually within 3 galaxy map sector indices). So no apparent need to worry. :wink:

Lyth
x4

Post by Lyth » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 14:49

It was probably the "friendly" ships that destroyed them, happened to me with a rampaging Argon ship chasing an N.

The N just went from station to station as the "friendly" took out the stations trying to hit the N with PPC's on the other side of it.

I was too busy laughing to be bothered to intervene.
Take it easy, If you can't - Take it by force.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 21:25

Lyth wrote:It was probably the "friendly" ships that destroyed them, happened to me with a rampaging Argon ship chasing an N.....
Oh, yeah! I remember one fight in Menelaus Paradise where the 'helper' Titan destroyed one of the local stations while trying to hit a couple of M's attacking the station. Never did hit the M's, but took out the station it was trying to 'protect' in less than a minute. :roll: :lol:
Last edited by Nanook on Wed, 24. Jun 09, 00:31, edited 1 time in total.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Biroboy
x3tc

Post by Biroboy » Tue, 23. Jun 09, 06:04

Prior to the invasion there were only 2 stations in 18-bil, the trading station and something else (a SPP maybe??). I don't know what got the other station, but the Xenon cap-ship jumped in right beside the trading station, and blew it into oblivion before I could get there from the gate.

I also fought possibly the hardest XI I've ever done before work today. Another invasion into the now-empty 18-bil, so I was the only target in the sector. The NPC ships jumped in, charged into the guns of the M, and got obliterated, leaving me all by my lonesome. All I can say is thank god for the Hyperion, it took a licking, but I managed to take care of them.

As a minor aside, that was the first battle I've used Typhoons in. I'm tight as a Teladi when it comes to combat consumables, but I got a closed-loop producing the things for sale, so I tried them out on this XI. I think I'm in love... :D

-- Biro

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Tue, 23. Jun 09, 06:41

Biroboy wrote:Prior to the invasion there were only 2 stations in 18-bil, the trading station and something else (a SPP maybe??). I don't know what got the other station, but the Xenon cap-ship jumped in right beside the trading station, and blew it into oblivion before I could get there from the gate.

I also fought possibly the hardest XI I've ever done before work today. Another invasion into the now-empty 18-bil, so I was the only target in the sector. The NPC ships jumped in, charged into the guns of the M, and got obliterated, leaving me all by my lonesome. All I can say is thank god for the Hyperion, it took a licking, but I managed to take care of them.

As a minor aside, that was the first battle I've used Typhoons in. I'm tight as a Teladi when it comes to combat consumables, but I got a closed-loop producing the things for sale, so I tried them out on this XI. I think I'm in love... :D

-- Biro
Thats very odd since there are supposed to be some invincible NPC freindly ships with every XI mission?
What intriguing weapons and shields will you use to protect your trade ships and sectors from the Khaak when your not home? unless you can afford capital ships *and luck* its all for nothing, NOTHING! Mwaahhhhahaha
*(amendment for TC since all the good strategy and planning is no longer enough, you also need luck)*

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 23. Jun 09, 07:06

One, but only one. The one with a Name. :goner:

@Biroboy: See what happened here on forum when you said "all stations", meaning "two stations"? :P

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Tue, 23. Jun 09, 07:27

jlehtone wrote:One, but only one. The one with a Name. :goner:

@Biroboy: See what happened here on forum when you said "all stations", meaning "two stations"? :P
I had two invincible M6's in my last XI mission? I didn't check their names tho?

It was in Getsu Fune, and i have done 2 other XI missions there.... perhaps one of the old ones showed up? But then both ships changed race when i reloaded the XI mission?

Usenko
x3

Post by Usenko » Tue, 23. Jun 09, 07:44

To the OP: You don't suck, not too badly. I once had an XI mission in which the NPC ships had mounted PSGs. When the mission was over, I reckon 18 Billion was only worth about 500-600 million. :)
Morkonan wrote:What really happened isn't as exciting. Putin flexed his left thigh during his morning ride on a flying bear, right after beating fifty Judo blackbelts, which he does upon rising every morning. (Not that Putin sleeps, it's just that he doesn't want to make others feel inadequate.)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”