X2: Omicron Lyrae is that the end?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

shannontreacy
x3

X2: Omicron Lyrae is that the end?

Post by shannontreacy » Wed, 24. Jun 09, 19:42

Besides finding it impossible to reach the position of the beacon or what exactly I am supposed to be doing I am wondering if this is the end of the story line, because if it is I might as well pack up now.

Anyway, I would be grateful for some assistance regarding what ship to use for this task (at the moment I'm using a teladi osprey), and what I do to achieve the quest.

Many thanks......

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 24. Jun 09, 22:31

Yes, that is the last mission. You can use an Osprey just fine--I used a Dragon for this mission; you just have to use the docked M5 for the bits where you have to hold position inside the rotating structure of the Kha'ak mothership, because the M6 is way too big to fit in there.

shannontreacy
x3

An Unhappy Bunny!

Post by shannontreacy » Wed, 24. Jun 09, 23:22

Thank you for the answer to the question about where I was in the game.

Well after receiving that answer I feel very disapointed. I could have completed the story (what story) line within a very short span of time. There is no content unlike the Home World saga or Free Space or Free Lancer. All you need is enough money to buy a crap cruiser to complete everything. Why have access to Destroyers and Carriers when they are not required for anything within the story line, no point what so ever.

I have spent months building up a fleet, 4 carriers, 6 destroyers and numerous other craft and for what :evil:

I bought X3 ages ago and haven't tried it out yet but after wasting my time on X2 I wonder whether it is even worth installing?

Algoran
x3tc

Re: An Unhappy Bunny!

Post by Algoran » Wed, 24. Jun 09, 23:25

shannontreacy wrote: I have spent months building up a fleet, 4 carriers, 6 destroyers and numerous other craft and for what :evil:
Presumibly because it was fun, or you wouldnt have done it! Seriously, one dosnt play X games for the story. May as well do that with sim city. :p

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Thu, 25. Jun 09, 00:14

I can understand the OP's point a bit.... but the campaign is designed to be doable from a very early point in the game, so that players have that option if they want it.

Just imagine all the complaints Egosoft would get if they made it necessary to have a capital ship for the campaign!!
What intriguing weapons and shields will you use to protect your trade ships and sectors from the Khaak when your not home? unless you can afford capital ships *and luck* its all for nothing, NOTHING! Mwaahhhhahaha
*(amendment for TC since all the good strategy and planning is no longer enough, you also need luck)*

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”