[TC] Attacked by boron for doing their first company mission. Hmpf.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Algoran
x3tc

Attacked by boron for doing their first company mission. Hmpf.

Post by Algoran » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 11:13

So I take the first Atreus corp mission, and I have to kill a couple of paranid ships (which were red to me). Turns out i lose paranid rep for this, which i dont think is fair for an official mission which didnt say i was being hired against the paranid empire!

And then, boron border patrol attacks me, because I killed an an innocent (apparently) in their sector. What the hell?? *grumble...*

1muvwndr
xr

Post by 1muvwndr » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 11:44

Well, a powerful corporation hires a cheap, unknown assassin to kill the opposition, possibly in their own space. Sounds quite plausible to me.
Spoiler
Show
You may capture the target ship to get a minimal rep loss with the Paranids, as for Boron patrols, you can just apologize to them.
BTW, the same thing (killing a race-owned ship) is required for the Stroing Arms corporation, while Duke's missions are regularly targeting the Paranids.

Algoran
x3tc

Post by Algoran » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 11:53

I suppooose... would have been nice if the mission description told me what i was getting into is all. But i guess thats kinda a problem with all the missions in tc really.

I just want to be friends with everyone! :p

1muvwndr
xr

Post by 1muvwndr » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 12:40

Algoran wrote:I just want to be friends with everyone! :p
So naive... You'll get stabbed in the back sooner or later :twisted:

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 13:08

Algoran wrote:I suppooose... would have been nice if the mission description told me what i was getting into is all. But i guess thats kinda a problem with all the missions in tc really.

I just want to be friends with everyone! :p
Actually if you read the brief very carefully you can deduct that the target is not a pirate or deliquent, but just a competitor of Atreus corp.

Gazz
x4

Re: Attacked by boron for doing their first company mission. Hmpf.

Post by Gazz » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 13:13

Algoran wrote:And then, boron border patrol attacks me, because I killed an an innocent (apparently) in their sector. What the hell?? *grumble...*
Yah, the X3 police / military ships don't think highly of thieves and assassins.

Maybe you should file it as a bug report. =P
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Algoran
x3tc

Post by Algoran » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 13:36

Ok ok so maybe i should have read the mission properly :p

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 13:39

Algoran wrote:Ok ok so maybe i should have read the mission properly :p
Ignorance of the law is no excuse...

"But officer, I was told to kill him by that nice man with false moustache and sunglasses"

Algoran
x3tc

Post by Algoran » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 13:42

Hey, i go around slaughtering people cos someone else told me to all the time! And then everyone likes me for it. Usually turns out they're criminals of some kind, dont really pay attention to the details...

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 13:58

I captured a hospital ship that had 1200 invalids on board, and by the time my marines were done all those invalids were gone.
Mass murder and not even so much as a small patrol ship got annoyed with me :o
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Algoran
x3tc

Post by Algoran » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 14:00

A hospital ship? Ooh, thats low. And quite funny :D

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 14:03

Actually it was not your marines' fault. It's that damn CLS that failed. They don't make it like before anymore :roll:

X1000

Post by X1000 » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 18:23

I am at war with the Boron.. They nearly destroyed my fleet and my home Sector.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”